for now?

I see Adam kissing the girl while I'm sitting at the bar. He looks over at me and he's by my side after a few minutes.

"Picking up some chicks, huh? Not bad." I say patting his back.
"Oh not bad at all! You saw how hot she was."
"Yea you got lucky." I try to downplay his confidence.
"Well somebody else got lucky as well" he says pointing at Chris.
"Ah sure." Kinda leaning on his shoulder.
"You wanna leave?" He asks
"Mmm no" I say, I don't want him to cut it short because of me.
"Okay but I wanna leave, so?" He says sounding smug.
"Yes please." I say giving in.

I look at Maya, asking her if it's fine to leave. She gives me this look of reassurance and we head out.

"Adam can we stop by some cafe. I need to sober up a little. I've heard coffee helps. I can't go home like this." I'm not even drunk, who am I lying to? I just don't wanna go home yet.
"Sure. Do you mind if we stop by Steve's? It'll take a little longer tho."
"Yea sure my curfew is 10:30."
"Okay."

I am kinda tired. Usually I sleep around this time. I hug Adam from behind and place my head on his back.
"Mind if I do this?"
"Not at all."

After 20 minutes we reach at Steve's. Adam tells him to make a strong black coffee for me. We walk upstairs and sit in the balcony on the floor like the last time. Our backs against the wall. I am sipping on my coffee. We're sitting very close. So I put my head on his shoulder slightly leaning on him.

"So you had a great time?"
"Oh yeaa."
"I'm glad."

I finish my coffeee and stand up. I feel a little better. Adam is still sitting there. I think he's spacing out. So I sit in front of him. He's beautiful. He's got a really pretty face. Brown eyes, hair falling on his face and really pretty features. He snaps out of it and looks at me.

"You look really pretty."
"I do?"
"Yes you do."
"Thanks I guess" I say feeling a bit shy. He gets up and  we both leave thanking Steve for the coffee.

"So what happened? I thought you were having a great time?"
"I was! But it got overwhelming pretty quickly. I don't like hanging out with groups of people. Even though we weren't like a proper group today. I don't know."
"I see."
"Adam do you mind letting me ride your bike? PLEASE?"
"You know how to do it?"
"Yea I mean somewhat. My dad taught me but I'm not very confident I still wanna try"
"Okay sure."
He stops and I sit in the front. I try and I'm okay at it. Whenever I mess up Adam is quick to deal with the mess. It's fun. Ah I love the air. It's so refreshing. I ride it for around 10 minutes before asking him to switch back to the front.

"You're not bad." He sounds impressed
"Oh."
"What's up with that reaction stupid!" He says laughing.
I don't know I just want to be around him, I'm too tired to speak.

After 20 minutes on his bike. We reach my place. I get off his bike.
"You wanna come inside?"
"No it's pretty late."
"Oh okay."
"See you tomorrow, thanks for the illegal entry inside the club. I had a great time."
"Oh I don't mind. I'm cool that way."
"Oh for sure you are!"
"Okay by the way what did you and Chris talk about?"

"Oh he was telling me about himself. Nothing important just that he likes football and DC and MCU."
"Hmm bye!"he says smiling and rides off.

I get inside.
"So you dating Adam?" My mom asks.
"No mom just hanging out."
"Ah I see. He's a great guy so yea."
"We're not like that for now mum. Anyway going to sleep pretty tired."
"Yea sleep well honey."

I go inside my room and look at myself in the mirror.

What the fuck did I just say?? We're not like that "FOR NOW?". WHAT'S UP WITH THAT FOR NOW.

So hmmmm I'm not exactly sure if I want them to be together yet. I want them to blossom some more as characters and individuals. It would be too soon for them to get together. I have an idea of how things are going to turn out but let's see. I'm as clueless as you guys. But yes hang out for a little bit.