Chapter 6

'Warning: contains some language'

***JACK'S POV***

I awoke to fresh morning sunlight streaming in my face, blinding me. I covered my eyes. I checked my clock on the wall. 7:00. I need to get ready for work because I've got to be there by 8:30. I walked into my closet and flung open the door, causing it to slam against the wall. I grabbed my Drake long-sleeve shirt and a pair of jeans. I slipped them on quickly, and shoved my favorite hunting cap (Realtree). I grabbed my phone off of my nightstand and ran outside to my truck. I hopped in and turned on the heater because of the cold, winter air. I drove about ten minutes to my work. I got out of my truck and I was greeted by my work buddy, Matt. "Hey, man,"he said loudly. "How's that girlfriend of yours? Have you bent her over yet?"

"Dude, you think dirty. And she's doing great."

"So you have bent her over?"

I slugged him hard on the arm. He only laughed. I walked over to my log skidder and cranked it up. I climbed inside and it just shut off. "Crap!" I cried loudly. I opened up the hood. Smoke billowed out and into the air. I coughed. "Matt," I hollered, "Get Ricky and tell him to come see what's wrong with this skidder!"

"Okay," he cried as he ran in the shop. Ricky walked out with his toolbox under one arm. "How bout you go in the shop and take a break while I fix this log skidder, alright?" he said when he reached me. I nodded and walked into the shop. "Kid," said my boss when he saw me, "What in the hell do you think you're doing! You supposed to be working!"

"Ricky told me to take a break while he fixes the skidder," I said calmly. I was used to my bosses temper. He rolled his eyes. I sat down in a chair and got a wildlife magazine off of the table beside the chair. This was gonna take a while.
-------------------------------------------------

1 hour later...

"Alright," Ricky said," I got it back working again. Apparently the mechanic that was here while I was on vacation put the oil piston in the wrong place while he fixed the motor. It's good to go now."

"Thanks, man." I checked my phone. 9:00.
I walked back up to the skidder and cranked it up. Ricky was right. Working good now. Finally!