Chapter 15

***NEXT DAY***

I slowly got out of bed, hoping that Jack wouldn't wake up. Thankfully he didn't, because when I looked over to his side of the bed he was flipped over on his back, snoring louder than a freight train. I walked over to my closet and skimmed through my work clothes until I found my favorite black dress.

I slipped the dress over my head and did my makeup as precise as possible. I put on a chunky pink necklace and matching heels.

I heard footsteps behind me and shrieked as a hand landed on my shoulder. Familiar laughter came from behind me. I spun around to see Jack chuckling.

"You just made my freakin day!" he exclaimed when he was done with his fit of laughter.

"Shut up," I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Aw, c'mon, babe," he said, placing a tender kiss on my neck.

"I've gotta go to work, and you do too," I said as I picked up my purse off of my vanity and rushed to the door.

"Are you mad at me?" he hollered from the bedroom.

"No," I said, trying to hide the frustration in my voice.

But Jack knew better.

------------

"Hey Nic!" my co-worker Cindy said as I walked by her desk. I gave her a tiny wave and flopped down in my chair.

"Wake up, girl." a voice said. My head snapped up to where I could see my bosses face. His breath stank of alcohol and mint where he had tried to hide the fact that he drank.

He was an okay boss, just not the kind of man you'd see as the co-founder of Liv Magazine Company, or LMC.

"Here's a few things you can work on, Nicole." he said, throwing a file towards me. Of course, with my Werewolf senses, I caught it.

My boss smirked and walked back into his office. Jerk.

"Just ignore him, Nicole." Cindy said from her desk.

"Just ignore him."

-------------

I walked in and stormed into my bathroom. Work was like being in hell and the ride back wasn't any better. I needed something to help me forget the horrendous things that happened to me today.

I needed Jack.

I gasped as I realized this. Why am I thinking this way?

I decided to dismiss the thought of him but I couldn't stop myself from wishing he was here with me.

I changed out of my dress and heels (which had caused blisters on the soles of my feet), and slipped on a peach colored tank top and a pair of dark colored jeans. I decided that the only way I could seduce Jack is by putting on a little bit of makeup.

I opened my makeup bag and grabbed the mascara. I leaned towards the bathroom mirror and applied the concoction on my lashes.

I smiled as I heard the front door open and shut. "Nicole, I'm home!" I heard Jack cry as he walked towards our bedroom.

It's go time.