Bakugou stared down at the small locket he was rolling between his thumb and forefinger. A sakura blossom carefully etched into the rose gold necklace. From what he could tell, it looked expensive. Katsuki didn't have a lot of experience with jewelry, his mother was of simple taste.

This morning he had found it outside in front of the school. Walking with Kiri, he had stopped to tie his shoes, spotting something small and shiny. Picking it up, he put it in his pocket, hoping to find the person it belonged to.

"Bakugou, are you sticking with Endeavor for your work-study?"Kirishima had come up from behind, forcing Bakugou to shove the locket into his pocket.

"Yeah, shitty hair, so is half & half, and stupid Deku. Why don't you talk to them about it instead of bothering me." The grin never vanishing, Kiri nods, heading towards Todoroki.

Katsuki knew he shouldn't be so harsh but, he couldn't focus on anything other than the stupid locket. The inside had Todo engraved in it. Could it belong to Todoroki, or maybe someone he was dating? He didn't feel like asking, considering he and Shoto were less than buddies. Also, he never once saw him with a girl. Shoto barely talked to them, forget him being enamored enough to buy something so beautiful.

Soon it was time for his work-study. Reluctantly he strolled to the train with Deku and icy hot. Being his third year, Bakugou was excited to receive the hero's treatment. He felt like he was always being condescended against, looked at like a kid.

Enevdevor's Office

Y/N strolled through Envevors big double doors being met with the number 1 hero himself. He sat at his desk, intensely staring at his phone as she entered, his eyes raised to look up at her.

"I'm introducing you to the other work studies today, my son is apart of them. Try to be nice. I know you can come off a certain way."

Y/N had been working there for 3-months, never once introduced to the others. She already knew Shoto from being introduced through Enji. She was a transfer from a U.S. hero company, moving to Japan about 4 or 5 months ago. She was staying with the Todorkis for the time being, since she didn't go to UA having graduated a year early from a school in her hometown.

The three boys had already walked through the door by the time Enji finished explaining.

"Y/N, how are you?" Shoto walked up to her, patting her shoulder firmly before turning to his father. The two boys behind him gave the girl a puzzled look.

"I'm good, thank you," she figured Endeavor was going to introduce her, keeping her reply short.

"Bakugou, Deku, meet Y/N, or Verity. She has been working for me for a little bit, she doesn't do much combat, so I was leery to introduce you."

The blonde stepped forward, "Why the hell would she work for you if she can't fight?" Y/N didn't like this boy, he seemed far too arrogant for her taste.

"He didn't say I couldn't, dumbass. He said I don't do it often." Bakugou eyed the girl up and down, her introductory shy deminer had now vanished. "My quirk is better suited for relations rather than violence."

Enji had moved from behind his desk, standing next to Y/N, placing a gentle hand on her back, silently telling her to be more friendly.

"Her quirk is called truth seeker. You may take the time to ask her about it. After that, I need you to get back to work. We will be going on patrol at 7, so be prepared before then." With that, Enji ushered the group of 18-year-olds out of his office. Well, mostly 18-year-olds, Deku was still 17.

"Okay, to clear things up, my quirk makes you tell the truth, but I can't lie, I can allude to a lie, but I can't right out lie." Shoto was uninterested in the conversation, choosing to abandon the group with one last pat on her head.

Deku was the first to respond, " So, how does that work? Can you tell when someone is lying?"

"Not unless it's activated, basically when I ask a question, they are required to give a full and honest answer. It's useful in interrogation and more long term goal-oriented missions." Deku seemed excited to learn more about this quirk, while Bakugou was thoroughly unimpressed.

"So, you're worthless in a fight?" His grin was smug, she had dealt with people like him before.

"I'm trained in combat as well, just because my quirk isn't a physical attribute, doesn't mean I'm not useful in a fight."

"Your quirk is so cool. Have you ever done it for personal reasons?" The green-haired boy was refreshing, easing the tension in the room almost immediately.

Y/N's face spread into a grin, "Yeah, I have, quite a few times. I one time used it to find out my ex was cheating, so that was fun."

"I wonder why he cheated," Y/N glared at Katsuki, he had a smirk on his face with his arms crossed.

"Yeah, I don't know either. I'm a delight." She returns his smug grin turning back to Deku, who looks very uncomfortable now.

"Well, that's really cool. I hope we can work together sometime." Y/N returns his smile and nods, waving goodbye as she retreats to find Shoto.

She found him concentrating on putting on his shoes, hero costume already on.

"How awful was Bakugou?" She sat beside him, leaning her head on his shoulder.

"I'm guessing he's the blonde with a bad attitude." He just nodded,

"He wasn't terrible."

"Yeah, well, you put up with my dad every day," she chuckled, "Come on, you should put on your hero costume. We leave soon." She nodded, watching the boy retreat.

Her costume was a short bodysuit with short sleeves. She pulled on her black over the knee boots, the whole thing was black, simple, and hard to see at night.

She arrived on the top floor, met with the other 4.

"Okay, I'm splitting you into groups. Verity, we have a possible source for some info on the league. Take Bakugou with you. As for you two, we will be doing a normal patrol." The blonde groaned and rolled his eyes, following the girl out of the building.