Part 1

As narrating...

Eugene: This is the story of how I lost my mind...

Rapunzel: Eugene.

Eugene: I'm kidding, I'm kidding! Sort of, but that's not the point. Ok, so everything in a nutshell here. You all know the story of how a single drop of sun fell to the ground, grew a flower, a woman named Gothal used it to stay young for centuries, the king used it to heal the queen, Rapunzel was born, there were lanterns, and then Gothal kidnapped Rapunzel. Eighteen years past, and a charming, handsome, good looking-

Varian: Don't over do it.

Eugene: Ah! Varian! You're not supposed to be here! Ugh! Anyways, I came into the tower, saved Rapunzel, struck a deal, saved her from Gothal, she saved me from, well, dare I say it, death. She got an overly dramatic haircut, got crowned princess, touched magical rocks, got her hair back (except it was indestructible this time so points for that), had tons, and tons of adventures. From chasing down thieves, meeting talking monkeys, to nerdy fourteen year olds almost taking over the kingdom, to best friends being betrayed and reunited, to the creepiest, powerful, demon monster, called Zahn Tri, you will ever face.

Rapunzel: Actually, Eugene. Varian did single-handedly take over Corona. I mean he did have the entire Royal family captive for a few minutes.

Varian: Not that It's something to boast about, but I also took over the kingdom with a little help for a few months while you two were galloping around the Seven Kingdoms.

Eugene: With that said, you'd think it was finally the end, but oh, were we wrong. The end was simply the beginning. Well, honestly, it was practically the 'happily ever after' for Rapunzel and I. There are still journeys and adventures to go on, for our story will continue as long as we still breathe. In truth, this story isn't about me, or Rapunzel. It's about Goggles, here.

Varian: Eugene! So help me if you don't stop calling me goggles, I will literally shove my aging serum down your throat!

Eugene: Alright, you made your point. Man, you do not wanna mess that one. Eash!  But he's only kidding.

Varain: *sarcastically* Right.

Rapunzel: *chuckles* On the subject-It was only a few week after our wedding.

Eugene: I was so stressed, I couldn't even think straight.

Varian: I don't know if that's anything new. I mean since when have you thought completely straight, Eugene?

Eugene: Oh, ho, ho! You're starting dirty, huh, hairstripe?

Varian: Again, Eugene! Stop calling-

Eugene: What?  The nicknames never bothered you until you met-

Rapunzel: *sighs* Guys...

Eugene: *Clears throat* As we said, it was a few weeks after our wedding and everything was just going crazy, you wouldn't believe it.-Varian! Stop looking at me like that and keep your raccoon pet out of my face!-Then something happened that was not on anyone's agenda. Varian also officially became the, well, you'll just have to bear with us...

Varian: (while Eugene saids "then something happened") Come here, Ruddiger.

Ruddiger: (after Eugene finishes) *chitters*

End of narrating...

Varian sped through Old Corona. He was panting with effort as sweat built up on his forehead. He bounded up the steps to his house and swung the door open. "Dad! Dad!" he shouted out of breath.

"Varian? Is something wrong?" Quirin head popped into view from the room over.

The teen boy held up a paper that had been rolled up in his hand. He showed it to his father energetically. "Look! I have been offered the job of becoming the Royal Alchemist!"