Chapter Two

Tre opened his front door, after a moment of me waiting outside for him.

He stared at me confused, still suggestedly angry from yesterday when he had walked out of my room and left. That is, why I'm here.

"Hi Tre," I nervously shifted positions standing looking over to him. Before the clashing of the glass bottles made a sound, and I pulled out the base of glass beer bottles passing them to him.

He gave me a childish smile, taking them. "Apology accepted,"

"Really?"

He nodded happily.

Tre wasn't a 'wordsy' type of guy. Any apology I formed would be the same, whether it was a one word 'sorry' or an essay of all the things I did wrong. So it's best to fit his interests, and just apologise with a few beers.

"I'm not sure that beers may win Beej over though," He shrugged walking away from the door leaving it open for me.

"I never know how to apologise to him," I sighed walking through into his house and closing the door. Following Tre into his fairly large kitchen where he set the beers on the kitchen counter, the sound of the glass slightly clashing as they were placed down.

"That makes two of us," He mumbled.

"I just feel like anything I say makes things worse. With you it's easy, I give you beers and your okay. Mike and I never argue, he always listens to what I have to say. But Billie? He's different- it's scary saying sorry in general. But to him? Terrifying,"

"Don't overthink it Nighty, it's just a word. Sorry- see? I just did it, and I didn't even have to. Sorry- hey look I did it again. Sorry... sorry sorry sorry sorry so-"

"-I get it Tre," I giggled slightly cutting him off.

He gave me a sincere grin seeing me crack a laugh before walking over to me. He slung his arm playfully around my shoulder as I smelt his strong cologne. "Nightlyn, it's just a little argument, don't stress yourself out,"

"Easy for you to say," I rolled my eyes walking away from Tre as his arm slipped from around me dropping back to his side.

He looked back at me unsure. "Huh? Why is it?"

"You don't stress about anything Tre you just let everything pass you by,"

"That's how you gotta live Nightlyn. You gotta stop overthinking the simple things. Not everything has a hidden meaning behind it, just trust in somethings,"

"I can't help that I care enough to question the world?"

He shook his head in a way that told me he gave up trying to be uplifting. His wrecked up sneakers squeaked on the kitchen floor as he dragged his feet over to the beers. Attempted to grab one.

Before Tre's hand could come into contact with the drink, there was a sharp knock on the front door.

He grunted, his arm falling to his side. I couldn't help but chuckle watching him as he made his way out of the kitchen to go answer the door.

I waited for Tre in his kitchen. Hearing the classic greeting of none other than Mike. He walked in behind Tre before I realised it wasn't just two. It was three. Billie was also here.

Big deal? Billies here, Billies always not far from me. Only just now we aren't on good terms and I'm... a little- just a little- intimidated to speak to him. No Biggie.

"Beers? You told me you didn't have any," Mike looked over at Tre with a suspicious stare, Tre defended himself by throwing me under the bus. That was because I gave him an apology and not Billie yet.