Chapter Three

"It's really tonight?" I asked nervously, watching Matthew shove his soccer shoes into a bag. I sat crossed legged over on his bed, he stood up from the desk chair after putting the shoes in. He pulled open one of his draws looking for an item of clothing.

"I told you this the other day babe, how can you forget?" He pulled out his red soccer top.

I watched him pull his black T over his head pulling it off as he replaced it with the red one.

"I don't know, forgetful mind I guess," I lied.

He rushed around some more getting his stuff together as I watched with a wandering mind.

I decided I would come over to Matthews house to see him, around ten minutes ago I arrived. Only to see he was getting ready for something. My original plan was to spend some time with him before going to Gilman later. But to my surprise, it turns out I may have already made plans.

He says it's this big game. He wanted me there. He wasn't all bad, he may have cheated but would he really so desperately want me to attend his soccer game if he didn't regret what he did? So right now he was getting ready for practice. I watched him rush around thinking about how I was going to break to Billie I couldn't come see him perform tonight.

I know it seemed mean to ditch Billie off like this. But after just having been cheated on, when your boyfriend actually wants to have you around you can't just not be there.

That sounds bad. I know. You don't need to tell me. But I guess it's one of those things where I can't explain myself enough where someone will say 'Y'know what, yeah I understand that.' It's one of those things you won't understand, until it's you.

Finally, he calmed down having sorted his things. He took a few deep breaths standing before me in his soccer kit, his hands resting on his hips. Before he asked me the question. "So will you be there?"

My answer was hesitant. I had to swallow down my nerves first before I could confirm. "Yep," I gave him a forced but supposed to look sincere, smile.

He broke out with a grin. "Aw man," He smiled taking his hands off his hips as he walked closer to his bed. He pulled me in unexpectedly as I laughed hugging him around his waist, still being on his bed. "You're the best," He finished.

"What are girlfriends for,"

This was going to be hard to tell Billie I was going to see the person he hates most right now at his soccer game than watching my three best friends perform their gig. Not to mention how Luella will be unhappy with me leaving her with Sage.

Not that she has anything against Sage. She just doesn't know her and that's the problem.

Luella means well. And when she really knows sage she'd laugh at being nervous that I wasn't there. But Luella's only really extroverted when she knows you. If she doesn't, you'll hardly get a peep out of her unless you're the one who keeps talking.

Which, was me when we first met.

I'm supposed to sort of be the ice breaker for me and Luella to begin to know Sage. Without me, Lou will be awkwardly helpless.

"Come on then," Matthew spoke pulling away as I looked back up at him. "I'll give you a ride home on my way,"

"Actually..." I began, pushing myself off his bed to stand beside him on his carpet floor. "Could you drop me off at Billie's?"

He gave me an unsure look. "Billies?" He repeated.

"Yeah..."

"You're still gonna be at my game later aren't you?"