Chapter 7

Taehyung made sure to wear a mask and shades to go incognito but he can still feel prying eyes on him despite his efforts to look unrecognizable, times like this, he wants nothing but to be an ordinary citizen, one who's got more freedom in his hand. So when they finally reached their stop after a two and a half hours ride, he dashed his way to head over to the hospital.

"Hey, Tae"

"Hm?"

"This hospital is pretty big, do you know where we should go?"

"Yeah, I was given the room number by Jin hyung, just follow me."

"I see. Can you promise me one thing though?"

Taehyung stopped on his track. He really has no time for this but he wonders what Namjoon was trying to tell him.

"What is it?"

"That you will try to keep your composure whatever happens. We don't want to cause additional stress to Jimin, don't we?"

"Yeah, no prob"

Room 1013.

They are heading to room 1013 where Taehyung will finally see his beloved after all the yearning and the sleepless nights. His anticipation is at its highest peak, he could hear the thumping of his heart on his ears.

The delivery room is purposely left open just like what his brother told him. The alpha only had a few steps to make to get inside when he smelled another strong alpha pheromone. His inner wolf growled, acknowledging the threat which has an immediate effect on his own pheromone that Namjoon felt the need to hold on to Taehyung's arms and squeeze it to bring him back to his senses.

"Taehyung-ah? Calm down."

"There's an alpha in the delivery room"

"Must be the doctor"

"No hyung, his pheromones speak otherwise. It's protective, almost possessive."

"Tae... Calm down. We can't go in there if you can't hold it. We don't even know who that person is, maybe it's a family member."

"He's an orphan hyung. I don't know any family of his."

"And you just proved my point. We know nothing so calm the fuck down."

It's difficult. How could he fight over his instincts that scream on top of his head to rip whoever that alpha is who dare displays possessiveness over his omega— the father of his child, his life mate. Taehyung is ready to blow off.

He took deep breaths, closing his eyes and trying to shift his focus to Jimin and his baby, how in a few moments, he will finally get to see the love of his life, and start over. Yes, he thought that far ahead because he just couldn't afford to live another meaningless day without Jimin and his child. Luckily, it worked. His pheromones became more stable earning him a pat on the back from Namjoon.

"Good job, Tae."

They both move forward and enter the delivery room where they see the struggling Jimin on his labor, doing his best to prevent the screams, breathing deeply as his sweat glistens on his skin. It may have been an inappropriate time to think of how beautiful Jimin is but that was the first thought that came to Taehyung's mind followed by the relief as if a load of weight was taken out of his chest.

He wasn't noticed by the omega right of the bat which was understandable considering that his eyes are closed and the pain made him incapable of absorbing anything else in his surroundings. Honestly, It'd be more surprising if he does.

"Who are you?"

Taehyung was dragged out of his bubble by a voice that he had yet to hear.

Ah, so, he was the alpha ... and he is holding Jimin's hand. What the fuck?