Chapter 8 - Silent Third Wheeler

POV: Y/N

Akechi and I had decided to ring the bell for New Years. Once we finished we had planned to hang out downtown again but we ended up running into someone.

"Kusuo!" Akechi shouted and waved toward the familiar pink-haired boy.

Saiki tried to ignore him but Akechi didn't care and started to run after him. I unwillingly followed after as we were holding hands and he was literally pulling me with him.

"Good morning Kusuo!" Akechi happily greeted him. "How was your Christmas? How was your New Year? How much New Years money did you get? Did you get anything nice for Christmas? What-"

"Ku is this a friend of yours?" A black-haired cheerful-looking woman asked Saiki with a bright smile on her face.

"No." He responded.

"Yes!" Akechi ignored Saiki's answer. "You already know me but this is my girlfriend y/n. We're all in the same class."

"Oh how wonderful." Mrs. Saiki says. "Honey look Ku has more friends."

A brown-haired man with glasses looks in our general direction as he walks over to us after ringing the bell.

"Kusuo made more friends?!" The man says, his eyes glowing with joy. "Who's a good boy?"

Why are they treating him like a toddler?

Saiki maintains his annoyed expression and doesn't even attempt to join the conversation. 

"Well we'll be headed home! Would you like to hang out with your friends Ku?" His mother asks but it sounds more like a demand.

"Yeah Kusuo hang out with us!" Akechi says unintentionally crushing my hand that's still connected to his.

"Alright you kids have fun!" Who I imagine is Saiki's father says.

His parents wave goodbye and leaves Saiki with us.

"Good grief." Saiki says.

"Alright Kusuo are you ready to spend the day with y/n and I?" Akechi says excitedly. "I know you are. We were thinking about going to the cafe downtown. I know how much you love coffee jelly so I'm sure even if you don't want to go you'll have some interest now huh?"

Saiki eyes widened at just hearing the words coffee and jelly. 

Wow he really got him hooked. 

We walked on over to the cafe, Akechi and I still hand in hand, while Akechi talked Saiki's head off.

He always talks so positively about Saiki but Saiki never seems to share that same energy. I wonder why that is? As long as Akechi's happy I guess it doesn't really matter. It's really adorable to see him this happy. I'm not going to lie, I am a bit jealous of all the attention he gives him but I know they don't get to hang out much outside of school. 

We arrived at the cafe and we took a seat at a booth, Akechi and I sat on one side with Saiki on his lonesome on the other side. 

"Hey guys!" A familiar voice greets us as she walks over to our table.

"Mera! Hello, how are you? You know I'm doing great. It's so good to see you again. I think y/n and I saw you working at that new store down the street. How do you even manage working so many jobs? It's amazing. And being in school? Truly incredible-"

I lightly nudge Akechi to let him know he's dragging out his greeting for too long and Mera is starting to look very awkward in this situation. 

"I will take a coffee," I start ordering and Akechi cuts in.