Chapter 10 - A Walk in the Park

POV: Akechi

"Who's this Kusuo?" A man with shoulder-length bleach blonde hair asks Kusuo.

"I'm Touma Akechi but you can call me Akechi." I smile at him. "You look rather familiar now that I'm taking another look at you. Are you and Kusuo related? Oh, are you Kusuo's brother? So then you know about his-"

"You've entrusted this boy with your secret?" The man says to Kusuo in an unbothered tone.

"He figure it out on his own." Kusuo unwillingly admits.

"How could you be so careless?" The bleach-blonde man responds but with a smile on his face.

What even is this interaction?

"I'm Kusuke Saiki." The man finally introduces himself, extending his hand out to me. "You can just call me Kusuke."

I reach out my hand, grab his, and shake it. "It's nice to meet you. I see you have something attached to your head. Do you have psychic powers like Kusuo? Your parents don't so I can't really imagine that it runs in the family-"

"No, I don't. I wear this so Kusuo can't read my thoughts. It's a telepathy-canceller. I invented it myself." He smiles.

"Oh wow that's very interesting! And it really works?" I ask.

"Yep! Kusuo never has any idea what I'm thinking about." He looks at Kusuo with an eerie grin and Kusuo looks slightly disgusted.

"Oh no!" I say after hearing my phone vibrate. "I have to go pick up y/n for our date! I'll hang out with you some other time Kusuo. Also it was great meeting you Kusuke."

I wave and Kusuke waves back. Kusuo completely ignores me and walks away, probably to his room.

POV: Y/N

I'm sorry. I lost track of time. I'll be there soon beautiful. <3

I read Akechi's text and smiled. 

He's so precious. I'm so glad I embarrassingly admitted my feelings to him.

I screwed around on my phone for a few minutes periodically looking out the window until I saw Akechi walking up outside my house.

I run out the door before he can even text me that he's here.

"Akechi!" I shout and run into him giving him a hug.

"Hey beautiful." He says slightly startled but hugging me back nonetheless. "I'm really sorry I'm late."

"Don't worry about it." I say honestly giving him a smile. "I'm just glad you're here now. So, what did you have planned for today?"

"Would you like to go in a walk through the park?" He says extending his hand out to me.

"I'd love to go on a walk with you." I exclaim accepting his hand.

We make our way to the park and Akechi talks my head off as per usual.

"Did you know Kusuo had a brother? He never talks about him. Then again he never seems to want to talk to anyone. Except me of course. He loves me. I know he does even if he says he doesn't. Based on seeing the both of them today there was some weird tension but Kusuke seems to love his presence so I wonder why Kusuo doesn't like being around him? Then again, Kusuo hates being around everyone so that's not a big surprise.." Akechi trails off.

"I'm glad you got to meet Kusuo again." I say happily. "You always seem to have a really good time with him."

"But I also always have an amazing time with you." He says looking at me and squeezing my hand. 

"I always have an amazing time with you too." I agree giving his hand a squeeze back.

"Let's walk down this way." Akechi says pointing down the path.

"Okay." I reply following his lead. 

After a bit more walking we found a cute little garden area with some park benches surrounding it. 

"You know, I noticed you wore flats." Akechi says motioning towards my choice in footwear. "I'm sure they have to be killing you for walking this long. Do you want to take a seat for a little bit? I don't want you to get blisters."

"Sure." I say nodding my head. "You're so considerate, my little detective."

"I just want you to be in good health both physically and mentally. Although walking is healthy, those blisters will not be good for you. I'll sit with you of course." We walk over to the park bench together and sit next to one another. 

"You're so sweet." I say giving his hand another squeeze.

I take another look at the garden and the flowers are beautiful. 

I can't believe no one else is here right now. It's such a pretty looking park. I've never been to this one before. Akechi and I should come here more often. 

"Hey y/n?" Akechi says.

"Yeah, what's up?" I ask.

He scoots closer to me and gently holds my face in his hands.

"Can I kiss you?" He asks with a look of nervousness and happiness on his face.

"O-of course." I say a little surprised by his request.

We lean in and our lips connect. I had expected it to be a short kiss but Akechi didn't stop. He removed one of his hands from my face and used it to hold on and rub my back. I lightly blushed and a smile creeped upon me. Akechi notices and are lips depart for a few seconds.

"Did you like that?" He asks.

"Y-yes." I say flustered by his very direct question. 

"Good." He cheerfully smiles and our lips connect again. 

I put my arms around him to pull him closer. He quietly moans as he kisses me. 

...

POV: Akechi

"Did you guys really have to make out at my favorite park?" Kusuo asks me at school the next day.

"You were there?!" I say in shock and some embarrassment.

Author's Note

Hey, hey pretty people! How are you doing this week? I've been spending an ungodly amount of time on homework these past few weeks. I really don't want to take a break from uploading since I just did so I think I'm just not going to have such a strict upload schedule for these next few weeks. I think I'm going to stick to one chapter of this story a week. I already do that but not having to upload on a specific day would be a lot less stressful for me. I'm sorry if that inconveniences any of you. :(

I hope you guys have a wonderful week! New chapter sometime next week! I love you all so much. <3