Chapter 3 - Umbrella Friends

POV: Y/N

I was getting ready for bed when my phone started going off.

*Ring, ring, ring*

That's not annoying as hell or anything. I need to change my ringtone...

I pick up my phone and find an unknown number. I answer it anyways.

"Hello?" I say.

"Hi y/n, it's me Akechi! I realized I never gave you my number so I thought it would be best I got a hold of you before tomorrow morning so you could input my contact information! Now that I've called my number should be in your recent calls so there's no reason for of either of us to worry! I hope that wasn't worrying you. Was it? I'm sorry I should've done it sooner but I hadn't realized it until just now. I-"

"It's okay Akechi." I interrupt him worried I'll never get a word in if I don't. "I'm glad you called."

"I'm pleased I was able to make you happy. I can't wait to walk with you to school tomorrow morning. I hope we get to learn more about one another. I already really love spending time with you. Maybe we'll become really good friends someday." Akechi stated.

"I hope we become really good friends too." I smile and blush a little.

"Well I don't want to keep you up all night. I'll see you in the morning. Good night!" Akechi happily says.

"Good night." I reply and he hangs up.

I wouldn't mind if he kept me up. I really do like talking to him. I don't think I've ever made a friend so fast. Is what I'm feeling what I felt with other friends though?

POV: Akechi

I'm laying down in my bed staring up at my glowing phone screen.

Y/n is so cute. Her eyes are so bright you can tell she's genuinely happy in this picture. I'm really glad she took it. I can't wait to see her tomorrow morning.

My thoughts started to fade as I drifted into sleep.

...

"Touma honey. Time to get up." My mom greets me gently pushing my arm to wake me up.

"Okay I'm awake. Ready to get a start on the day. Good morning mother. How are you? I'm doing great. I got a good nights sleep. I feel very well rested. I can't wait to get a start on the day." I respond.

"I'm doing fine Touma." She laughs. "Breakfast is ready. Come eat whenever you're ready!"

"Okay. I need to get dressed, and brush my hair, and-"

"Okay, okay. I understand." She says and heads out of my room.

I head to the bathroom and take a quick shower. I then put on my school uniform and brush my hair.

I wonder who invented the hairbrush?  Why are there so many bristles on the brush? Who was given the choice to choose how many bristles would be on each brush? Was it someones choice? Was it random? Why does no one ever talk about this?

I put down my hairbrush and make my way to the kitchen with my school bag in hand.

Mom is already gone. She must've already left for work.

I sit down at the table and eat in the silent house. Once I finish I wash my dishes and check the time.

"I should probably get going. Don't want to be late picking up y/n. I need my umbrella too." I speak to myself.