Chapter 6 - Hot Chocolate Date

POV: Akechi

"Y/n!" I happily shout when she walks out her front door.

"Akechi!" She shouts back and runs into my arms.

We embrace for a few seconds and then we depart.

"So where did you want to go on this cold day? I brought an extra pair of gloves in case you forgot yours. Do you need them?" I ask and she shakes her head no. "Okay. Since it's cold would you like to get some hot chocolate? I know a cafe down the street that Kusuo often goes to. He is obsessed with the coffee jelly that they serve there. I've tried coffee jelly and it's just okay. I don't understand Kusuo's obsession. Does that interest you?"

"Yes that sounds perfect." Y/n gives me a big smile.

"Great. We should hold hands to keep warm. Is that alright?" I ask her and she nods her head reaching out her hand to grab mine. I accept it. "It should only be a short walk. Have you ever been there before? I forget the name but it's by that one boutique that I also don't remember the name of it. But I think we might've walked past there together before. Anyways do you like hot chocolate? I would assume so since you agreed to go with me. But if you don't like it don't be afraid to get something else-"

"I love hot chocolate Akechi." Y/n cuts me off. "But not as much as I love you."

I blush a lot and y/n does too. Y/n gives me a quick kiss on the cheek and we continue walking to the cafe.

POV: Y/N

It's kind of weird seeing Akechi a bit nervous. I know some people talk excessively when they're nervous but Akechi already does that so it's almost impossible to detect.

Akechi held the door open for me I enter the cafe. I look around and realize that I have been here before. My dad brought me and my brother on the weekend once. My brother complained about the service because apparently he thinks he's some big shot.

Akechi and I sit down at a booth across from each other. A waiter comes over to take our order.

"Two hot chocolates please." Akechi says and the waiter nods his head and walks away. "It's really cozy in here. I've been here a handful of times. I would come after school sometimes to get a coffee. I have a hard time falling asleep at night because I talk to myself so much. I'm just always thinking you know? I think my brain has a hard time keeping up with my mouth."

"I can't even began to imagine." I respond and he laughs.

After a little more chitchat (mostly just coming from Akechi) the waiter comes back with our hot chocolates. They also give us some marshmallows and candy canes on the side in case we want to put them into our drinks.

"Thank you." Akechi and I say in unison.

"Of course." The waiter replies and walks away.

Akechi and I take a sip at the same time.

"This is fantastic! I've never tried the hot chocolate here but it's really good! I'm not sure I even want to put any of this stuff in it. I don't want to ruin the taste of this heavenly drink but I also can't resist." He says and reaches for some marshmallows.

"You like sweets don't you?" I ask while mentally deciding whether or not I should put a candy cane in my hot chocolate.

"I do enjoy sweets. Not nearly as much as Kusuo though. That guy eats coffee jelly almost every single day. Isn't that just disgusting? Not that I think coffee jelly is bad but every single day? It's almost like he needs it more than water. Although I'm sure he could live without water somehow." Akechi says taking a sip of his hot chocolate.

"Do you and Saiki hang out a lot?" I ask genuinely interested.

"I'd love to hang out with him more but he's not a very social guy. I know you guys barely ever interacted but he'd much rather be left alone then having me follow him around anywhere. But his mom and dad love when he has friends over so sometimes I call ahead and ask if I can come because then Kusuo can't say no. I don't like playing dirty but I like hanging out with him even if he feels it's a chore. I told you, he was the one to save me from bullies on many occasions. I think very highly of him." He gives me a cheerful smile and holds his hot chocolate in his hands.

"It's crazy that you can be so happy even with all the shit that's happened to you." I say swirling my hot chocolate around with the candy cane I decided to put in it. "Are you really sure you're okay? I'm always here for you to talk to you know."

"There are times when I get sad but I quickly get over it. I don't like being sad so I try to cheer myself up. You know?" He explains.

"Okay I won't push it anymore." I reply knowing he's repeating himself to me and I don't want to him to feel bothered by me. "Sorry."

"You have nothing to apologize for. It's cute to see you worry about me." He smiles at me and reaches his hand out to hold mine. "I'm sorry if what I said made you worry about me. I just want to be honest with you."

"No, I get that." I reassure him.

"Are you done with your hot chocolate?" He asks me and I nod my head. "Okay. Don't worry about the check. I'll pay for everything."

"No, Akechi I have money let me at least pay ha-"

"No seriously I got it y/n. Don't worry your pretty little head okay?" He replies and I lightly blush.

"Thank you." I smile.

"Of course." He says placing his money on the table. "Let's head out."

I nod my head and we walk out together hand in hand.

"It's kind of chilly. Do you want to borrow my scarf?" Akechi asks me.

"I'm okay." I reply.

"Are you sure? It's one of the coldest days this season. I don't want you to freeze. I doubt just holding your hand is enough to keep you warm." He says.

"Even if I was that cold, you look super cute in that scarf. I can't ruin the cuteness being shown to me." I smile and he blushes.

"Your earmuffs are super cute. Everything about you is just adorable. I'm so glad you transferred to PK Academy y/n. I never expected to make a friend who actually enjoyed hearing me talk and then later become my girlfriend. I'm really glad to have you in my life." Akechi gushes.

"Aww Akechi you're too nice to me. I'm so glad you're in my life too. I'm glad I transferred here. At first I was totally pissed but once I met you, it was one of the best things ever. Thanks for allowing me to be your friend." I say shyly.

"Thanks for tolerating me." He replies and we both laugh.

Author's Note

Merry Christmas! I hope you guys are having a happy holiday. If you don't celebrate Christmas happy normal and average day! If you do celebrate, what was your favorite gift you got this year?

Also I already knew Akechi's dub VA in Reawakened was Bryce Papenbrook (whom I love) but HIS SUB VA IS YUKI KAJI?! What? I love so many of the characters he voices.. I feel so dumb.

I'd also like to apologize for this chapter being a bit shorter than usual. I've kind of been running out of ideas for it so I didn't work on it as much as I would've liked to this week. I'll try to make up for it next chapter!

I love you guys so much! Have a great week! <3

Next chapter will be out on January 1!