Chapter 9 - Outburst

POV: Akechi

"Damn Akechi! Who knew you could get all smooth with the ladies?!" Toritsuka laughs but I can see a pang of jealousy flash across his face.

"I-I don't know if I would say that-"

"Well Kusuo said you were all over y/n right Kusuo?" Mikoto says looking over at Kusuo and winking.

Kusuo says nothing and continues to try and leave the conversation.

"Wait you were with Saiki?!" Toritsuka yelps and looks over at him. "If you were going on a date with your girl you should've brought me along! I could've taught you everything you needed to know. And maybe she would realize how great I am at being an amazing boyfriend she'd be more interested in me-"

Mikoto slaps Toritsuka and he whines.

"No girl wants you," Mikoto laughs as Toritsuka continues to wince in pain. "and don't be so overdramatic! I didn't even hit you that hard."

"Yes you did!" Toritsuka whined.

"Good grief," Kusuo rolls his eyes. "You guys are such a pain."

"Kusuo," I start curiously. "How did Toritsuka and Mikoto find out about our outing with you? Not that it was a secret or anything but Toritsuka badgering me about 'how to be a better boyfriend' is kind of incredibly annoying. Oh, I know. Did you tell him as a way for me to stop talking to you? You believed if you told them I would hate, or heavily dislike you and never want to speak to you again? Oh Kusuo you are too funny. You really think blabbing about what I do in my free time is enough to make me end a childhood friendship?"

Kusuo continues to look at me blankly.

"Oh Kusuo didn't tell anyone." Mikoto says.

"What?" I question.

"I was the one who told Toritsuka." She admits.

"Why would you tell Toritsuka anything ever?" I ask. "Are you guys actually friends?"

I've never been so utterly confused. I know Mikoto is a psychic as well but doesn't she have a job? Wouldn't she have been working at the time Kusuo, y/n and I were hanging out? Oh wait, it was New Years. I bet her work wasn't open.. Either way why would she care what we were doing?

"Because I'm nosy that's why." Mikoto laughs.

"You can read minds too?!" I say in shock.

"No but I foresaw that it what happen. I might not have telepathy but I can still see into the future. Anyways, did you and y/n do anything else?" She winks at me and I stare at her confused.

"Anything more? After I kissed her we held hands and I walked her home." I state. "Wait, you mean something inappropriate? Like-"

"Good grief I do not need those images in my head Toritsuka." Kusuo says with a look of disgust on his face. "I'm going to class now."

"Kusuooo!" Mikoto shouts and follows after him unwilling to leave his side.

"I don't have to have any sort of telepathy to know what you're thinking about." I state and decide to go look for y/n.

Toritsuka laughs as I saunter off. I find y/n by the shoe lockers arguing with her brother.

"You're such a slut! Pull your skirt up whore." He laughs.

"I'm wearing it at the normal length! Go to the fucking principal if you have a problem with it dimwit." Y/n snarled at him.

"Why did I have to walk you to school today. Isn't that what your play toy is for?" He says sounding annoyed.

"Play toy?" She questions.

"Your play thing. That blonde guy?" He says with a creepy grin on his face.

"That is my boyfriend.. Not a fucking play thing you asshole." Y/n says severely pissed off. "If you speak one more ill word about Akechi I will fucking kil-"

"Okay let's all calm down." I say finally coming out of hiding.

"A-Akechi?" Y/n exclaims as her face starts to go pale. "D-d-did you h-hear?"

"I'm Touma Akechi." I say ignoring y/n for the moment and reaching a hand out to her brother. He eyes it before eventually taking it in for a shake. "I'm dating y/n as it seems you've already been made aware of. I would just like to let you know that while she did ask me out I initiated the conversation. I am not her 'play thing' and nor is she mine. I care very deeply for y/n and I would never treat her as an object or allow myself to be treated in such a manner. Now if you'll excuse us, we have to get to class."

I grab y/n's hand a little too abruptly for her state of mind and she almost fell. I dragged her down a few hallways just so we could get away from her brother.

"Sorry for pulling you around like that. I just didn't want you to be around him for much longer than necessary. Seeing you like that kind of scared me. I'm glad you think so highly of me but you don't have to go on a rampage okay?" I give her hand a firm squeeze and she nods her head. "Let's actually head to class now alright?"

POV: Y/N

Why am I constantly embarrassing myself in front of Akechi? If my brother didn't always try to start shit with me- no. I can't always blame him. Sure he instigates me a lot but it's my fault for letting what he says get to me. My main priorities should be maintaining good grades and making sure to be a good girlfriend for Akechi. I can't imagine how embarrassed he must feel to have such a crazy girlfriend. I really need to clean up my act.

I had been trapped in my thoughts the entire school day and had just realized class had ended because Akechi was standing in front of my desk.

"-you okay? Y/n? Hello?" Akechi kept trying to get my attention as I started to come back to reality.

"Sorry I'm just still thinking about this morning. I'm sorry for embarrassing you." I apologize as I pick up my bag. I hadn't even pulled anything out of it because I couldn't focus.

"Embarrass me? You didn't embarrass me at all today beautiful." I blushed at his words. "You basically declared your love for everyone to hear that was near the shoe lockers. It was actually kind of adorable. Minus your terrifying tone of voice and some of your choice in wording but that's just my y/n."

He reaches for my hand and I accept it. He slowly pulls it up and leans down to kiss it.

"Thank you Akechi." I smile. "You really know how to cheer me up."

"Of course. What kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't make sure to reassure you everything's alright? Or if I didn't make sure to give you kisses here and there? Everybody needs them." He smiles and continues to hold onto my hand. "Let's go to the cafe today to relax a bit. How does that sound?"

"That sounds wonderful." I grin and we make our way downtown.

Author's Note

Hello wonderful beings! I hope you all had a lovely week! I beat DRV3 a week or two ago and I'm still trying to collect all the items and love suite events. It's taking me forever to grind out monocoins though... Also, I was on Personality Database and I found out Kokichi and Akechi both have the personality type 'ENTP' and I can't stop thinking about it...

I hope you all have an amazing week and I love you all so much. <3

Next chapter will be out January 29! :)