Part 5

You were frozen staring at the man just outside your door. Visibly shaken, your grip on the doorknob turned your knuckles white. Both, Jack and Draco's eyes landed on you after a minute of silence. both in worry and confusion.

Jack cleared his throat, looking at you "Can I come in?" he asked in a serious tone.

"We were actually in the middle of something." said Draco before you could answer yourself, stepping forward his chest bumping with your back. You gave him a hard stare, wondering if he actually remembered the turn your little chat had taken. Your noticed then his clenched fists at his sides, he didn't want Jack there.

You moved your body aside, using it to push Draco back with your steps. The door opened completely, letting Jack inside with a soft Come in from you. Waiting until Jack had made it all the way to the living room, you turned to Draco behind you "Don't think you will get out of this so easily, Malfoy." you hissed, poking his chest.

You were already turning to go to Jack when a cold hand grabbed your wrist, pulling you dangerously close to him "Don't call me Malfoy" he said lowly, marking every word. His last name practically growled with a deep burning hate.

"Or what?" you looked straight into his eyes, his grip on your wrist tightening "You're going to force me?" you dared, his entire face turning red.

"I promised I wouldn't but you are being really tempting at the moment." he mumbled letting go of your hand and storming to the kitchen without a word.

You watched him, wanting to feel bad but you were really worked up because of everything he said before Jack's interruption, he clearly was holding back from using his secrets to make him leave and to make you behave, as he had called it, so you let him go turning to the living room where Jack was.

He was sitting at the couch, reading over the few papers you had left there from your work. He had always loved to go over your work, saying he had so much to learn from you. You were tempted to let him be a little longer, unfortunately you and the man in your kitchen didn't have the time or patience to be nice.

"What are you doing here Jack?" you asked sharply making him jump in his seat. He quickly placed the papers back from where he took them, jumping to his feet.

"I came to see how you were," he said simply, giving you a nervous smile " I saw Sally and she told me you were sick." he explained.

Jack, was a sweet caring guy, there was no denying it. But you felt his behavior out of place. If you still were together you would have never minded him dropping by your place unannounced claiming to be worried about you, but you weren't and the fact that it wasn't the first time he had done it was even more infuriating.

"Jack, you can't keep doing this." you sighed in defeat, rubbing your temples with tired look in your face "You ended things, remember? Not me, you."

"I know but..."

"No, you can't keep coming here just because you heard I'm sick, or because you heard I had bad day at work or because you miss me, you just can't." your words came out so fast you doubted he even understood what you said but his hurt look said otherwise.

He let a breath out turning in his place, he ran a hand through his hair "I'm sorry, okay." he spat turning his face to you, two steps and he was in front of you holding your hands in his.

"What?" you said loudly, shaking your hands out of his "What do you mean you're sorry?"

"I made a mistake," he told you with a determined look in his face "I know I did, but I felt like you didn't love anymore and then you said you didn't want to get married or have a family and I got scared!"