Part 8

Harry Potter thought his life couldn't be worse than it had been back at Hogwarts. Yes, he had found a family and friend within the castle walls, he had discovered the truth about his parents and himself, he had met the love of his life and was soon to be married to her.

But at what cost?

He had lost friends all throughout the years, the only persons that had truly known his parents had died, the pain he and anyone close to him had gone through was unbearable at times. The image of the war burned into their memories for the rest of their lives, the scars that carried awful memories of running for your life or standing up from what you believe in always there as a reminder that you survived but many didn't.

He thought of all of it as his fault. Maybe he defeated Voldemort, but Voldemort killed because of Harry and that rested on his shoulder since the day he was born.

Nothing could be worse than that. Or so he thought.

Somehow, catching a glimpse of his best friend and none other than Draco Malfoy chatting casually in his desk made the Second Wizarding War have a worthy opponent.

His pace slowed down significantly, the confidence he usually radited as he walked through the corridors of the Auror's office was completely stripped off of him. He wished he could turn back and leave but Ron waving his arm in the air yelling his name caught the attention of every single soul in the room, making it impossible to run.

He didn't hate Malfoy, not at all. But they weren't friends. He was fine with him living his life, as long as it didn't get in the way of his own life.

"Hey Ron," he said nervously at Ron, pretending for just one second that Draco wasn't sitting in his chair, unfortunately he was "Malfoy." he nodded his head with pursed lips.

"Potter." he said back, not saying anything else at the awkward position Harry was in. It wasn't everyday that you could mess with the Chosen one.

Harry just stared at the blond with a questioning look, before he turned to Ron "You weren't supposed to be here until much more later," he reminded him "Why are you here?" he asked, his eyes screaming to the red-headed With Draco Malfoy!

Ron stood from the desk shaking his head, he placed his arm around his best friend's shoulder leading him to a more private place "It's a long story, mate." he said with a laugh "But you're gonna want to hear it."

"Don't sound so excited Weasley" mumbled Draco from behind them. He moved around the place like it was his own home, many people stopped in their ways to wish him a good morning or just to acknowledge his presence. He was used to that, being a Malfoy got him the attention he never had to ask for.

And Harry couldn't help but take hesitant glances over his shoulder at his former enemy. Years had gone by without anyone actually knowing where Draco Malfoy was or if he actually still engaged with the Wizarding community. So his sole presence there had him in a pure state of confusion.

"Why is he following us?" Harry whispered in Ron's ear, getting an answer from none other than Draco.

"Because I am your primary witness in your new case." he said smugly, waiting for them to get inside the office, closing the door behind them.

Harry squinted his eyes, mouth slightly agape as he changed his focus from Ron to Draco "What new case?!" he squealed, dropping to the chair behind him "Ron?"

Ron took a deep breath, looking at Draco who waited patiently for him to speak. With a cock of his head Ron got the message straight from the Slytherin.

Tell him or I will, and you will not like it.

Ron shrugged, turning in defeat to Harry "Bellatrix Lestrange is alive." he blurted out.