Chapter 1

⚠️GORE WARNING⚠️ ish...this is mainly for the whole book, not specifically this chapter. I can't remember whether it was this chapter or the next chapter that I went into detail with, pretty sure it's this one. Anyways if you don't like talking about lots of blood I'm just going to say that maybe this book isn't for you.

Also the dog above is what Niki looks like. (If wattpad will let me add it that is-)

Enjoy! ^^

— — — — —

It had been about 3 weeks since America's murder. His new copy would show up soon, they usually took about 1-2 months after a country's death. Copies appeared to replace countries, to run the country, to act as a leader for their people. It was always a scary time for citizens when a country died. Usually anyways, when Third Reich died, people rejoiced. While waiting for a copy to arrive it was decided that his land would be split, creating two copies instead of one. Then in 1990, the two were reunited and fused back together. Many said it was somewhat painful to watch, as fusing and splitting is a very painful process. Though, in the end Germany said he felt more whole, as if he was an actual country now.

Copies could be hard to understand, hell, no one truly knows how they appear or why the appear. Why not just let the country die, and their land be distributed among other countries? Then again, if that were the case the world would constantly be pure chaos.

Canada finished his eulogy and looked to his brother's casket one more time before returning to the pews. The ceremony finished and America's body was buried. It was nicely done, and clear that America's family spared no expense when it came to the funeral. Ame's casket was made out of oak, his National tree, and it was decorated with roses, his National flower.

Canada couldn't stop thinking about when he found his brother, dead, on the floor. It was horrifying.

Canada was let in my Philippines. He was greeted by Mex and Ame's standard Xoloitzcuintli, Niki. He smiled and bent over to pet the dog.

"Hey girl! Who's a good girl? Who's a good girl!" Canada said playfully as he scratched behind the dog's ears. He liked Niki, he liked her a lot actually. It did take a little while to get used to the fact that she had almost no hair, but after that she was an amazing dog. Canada always liked it when Mex and Ame would go out of town and it was his job to take care of her. She was a good snuggle buddy, great guard dog, and very friendly once she gets to know you. Canada also found it amusing that America named her Niki, Niki the naked dog. He thought that it was a but of a cruel name, but Niki didn't seem to mind.

Canada was actually quite late to the party, so most everyone was drunk or at least a little tipsy by now. He was never much of a drinker himself, but didn't mind having something on special events like these. Nada walked over to a table filled with gifts and set his next to a few others.

"Hey where's Ame?" He asked Japan, who was nearby.

"I think he's upstairs, he went to go get something." She said, going back to her conversation with Germany. Nada nodded and made his way to the stairs.

He walked up the stairs and down the hallway. It was dark, the only light coming from the moon out the window, and a little bit of light from downstairs at the party. He stopped in front of America and Mexico's bedroom door.

"Ame? It's me! Nada!" He said happily, barely able to contain his excitement for his brother's birthday. When they were younger they would always celebrate their birthdays together, but now that they were older it was always two different celebrations. Actually, Canada was surprised. Compared to what it normally was, this party was very small. Usually almost anyone was allowed to show up, and it was always very extravagant. This year however, America wanted a smaller group, just his friends and family. Canada enjoyed smaller parties, where it was just him and his friends.

"Ame?" He asked, starting to get a little worried that his brother hadn't answered. He wondered if he should just walk in, they are brothers after all so it's not like he'd be seeing anything he hadn't seen before.

"Ame if you don't answer I'm coming in." Canada said, his voice a little more worried. He was met with silence.

"America? I'm coming in so-" Canada went silent. On the other side of the room at the foot of the bed was America, his big brother, the one he looked up to most, on the floor in a pool of blood.

"America!" He screamed, running over to his brother.

America lay limp on the floor, tears staining his cheeks as blood seeped from the wound in his head. Canada gagged, it was a terrible sight to see, that and the overwhelming smell of blood was choking his senses.

Canada grimaced at the memory. There was so much...blood. It was everywhere. Of course after he found Ame he ran downstairs and called the cops. Everyone was shooed out of the house and the police interrogated everyone. Things weren't looking very promising. No one had any clue who it could be, though there were 3 suspects. Russia, China, and Mexico. It brought tears to Canada's eyes as he imagined it. None of them made sense, except for China. America and China weren't the best of friends, it's like they enjoyed insulting each other. It was surprising that China was even invited.

Since the house was a crime scene, no one was allowed in unless given special authorization. This meant that Mexico wasn't allowed in. Thankfully France and Britain offered to let him stay with them for a while. At least until the authorities allowed him back in. They didn't find much, there really wasn't much to find. There were no fingerprints on the bullet, no footprints in the carpet, nothing.

Canada sighed, not wanting to think about it any longer. He walked to his car and got in. It was a rainy day, the sky was filled with grey clouds and it was raining lightly. He huffed, not knowing what to do. He felt lost without his brother around, but he knew he needed to prepare for a meeting with the UN and other countries taking care of America's land. Canada wiped a few tears away and started driving back to his home.

— — — — —

Uhhh sorry for being kinda dead. Just a warning but updates are probably gonna be pretty slow between this book and Far From Home.

Also the picture at the top is what Niki looks like.

Uhhh I don't really know what else to say-

Stay Safe & Have a lovely day because you deserve it  ^^