ep. 09

It was night time, still in their school uniform the two decided to meet up at the playground. Seori had worn a cardigan over her school uniform as it was cold. They sat at the swings.

"Riki... I think we shouldn't give back the cheat sheet to Jake. The boy nodded, agreeing with her statement, "I think so too. I don't think Jungwon would want us to give it back either." he said as the wind blew into their faces, Seori's hair was a mess but she couldn't care less.

"You're okay with that ?"

Seori pursed her lips before looking at Riki.

"Well, I'm more worried about you Riki-"

Seori cut herself off by coughing harshly. The girl had gotten a cold from jumping into the pond the other day and hadn't healed properly. "You're still sick, Seori. Let's go back in." She wanted to say something but Riki cut her off.

"I'm fine. Thanks to you, I've already found the letter he wrote for me. Plus, don't you think we can look for the rest of who knows how many letters Jungwon wrote without the one Jake took ? If you're okay with it, I'd love to keep looking for them after you're all better. What do you say ?"

Seori smiled and stood up, hugging Riki. They both headed back into Seori's house where her dad had cooked supper.

I'd love to find all the letters and I want to tell Jungwon something.

I want to thank him in person.

The next day, they both took the cheat sheets to the teacher's lounge and reported right away. Jake got expelled and to Riki's prediction, he had burned the eight letters when they didn't show up. Seori was wearing Riki's hoodie as they went back to the mailbox, seeing nothing but ashes.

"It's over."

Seori said with a cracked voice, making Riki look at her. She was tipsy and couldn't stand straight. 

"Seori ?- SEORI !"

The girl had fainted and Riki had catched her before she fell to the ground.

#

"Are you serious, Seori ?! Jumping into a pond in the middle of switching weathers ? Don't do it again !" The usual doctor scolded her as she knew Seori personally and very well. "You'll be okay after resting." Riki was in the room, listening to their conversation.

"It's been a while but I'm really not that happy to see you here. You can't come back after I've done all the hard work to treat you. Besides, I don't think you want to go through all that pain, right ?" Seori just shook her head and mumbled a small apology. The doctor smiled before leaving as Riki approached her with a juice box.

"The doctor seems to know you quite well." Seori chuckled and poked the straw through the juice box, taking a sip before replying. "I was here for quite a while when I was younger." Riki took a bite from his bread. "Do you remember where each letter was Seori ? I think I have an idea where the next one is."

"The first was under my drawer, the second in the library, the third on the rooftop, the fourth was with Mrs Song, the fifth was in the rabbit pen, the sixth in the bus, the seventh at the pond and then the eight one was the mailbox."

Realization hit Riki as he now knows the next location. "I think I know where it is. I'll be right back." Seori didn't get to say anything before Riki ran out after munching on his bread. He stopped on the bridge of the pond, remembering when he ran away the other direction and in the forest when the fire broke out.

He took a deep breath before running, remembering that day when the fire broke out. It was almost 7 pm but Riki had reached there, pulling out his phone for the flashlight. "I remember this tree- ah. Found it." As expected, Riki had found the next letter at where he first met Jungwon. The ninth letter inside a tree hole.

After reading the letter, Riki wasn't expecting a plot twist.

The last letter is at the garden rooftop hospital where Seori and I used to get treated.

Seori pulled out her phone quickly and picking up after seeing it was from Riki.

"Hey- WHAT ? HEY HEY SLOWLY !"

Riki was rapping fast as he could be heard running and panting.

/ Seori ! Jungwon didn't emigrate ! Jungwon went to get surgery ! His childhood disease relapsed ! /

Riki could be heard sobbing but panting and heavy footsteps were still going. Seori was shocked.

/ The last letter is right where you are ! On the garden rooftop of where you and Jungwon used to get treated. /

Seori stood up from her bed instantly, putting on Riki's hoodie and pulling her IV stand out of the room to go up the elevator.

/ The ninth letter was where Jungwon and I first met so the next one is where he first met you ! You said you used to live here, right ?! You used to be hospitalized when you were younger right ?! /

Seori replied with a quick 'yes' as she went up the elevator. Right, all the pieces were connecting now.

/ When you were there, have you met Jungwon ?? I don't think J-Jungwon was writing to a random kid who'd take his seat. He wrote it to you Seori ! He knew ! He knew you would take his place !" / 

next episode is the last one :ˆ

[14022022]

985 words

time started : 15:04 p.m 
time ended : 15:23 p.m

The last letter is found and turns out Jungwon once knew Seori. 

Would she remember him when she find the letter ?

don't forget to vote and comment ! ♡