6 months

Meredith's POV.

Alex and Derek have been getting along better. I still don't feel comfortable enough to speak about My family, but Alex and Jo promised to try to not mention anything.

They've got it easy. Both of them had such similar childhoods, they didn't have to worry about the others reaction. We all knew everything about each-other, so there was nothing for them to be nervous about. On the other hand, I have never involved myself with anyone in our group, besides that very drunk night with Cristina.

I want to tell Derek, because my friends shouldn't have to try to hide stuff. We should be honest with each other. I just don't know how to go about it.

"Maybe take him somewhere secluded and just spill?" Jo speaks up, responding to the dilemma I shared with her.

"But what if he's disgusted by me or something?" I nervously chew my lip, waiting for her response.

"Meredith. He won't be disgusted. What happened to you is not your own doing. And plus, he doesn't seem like the guy to respond that way." She reassures me, sending a soft smile my way.

"If he does, I'll beat his ass." Alex grunts, entering the room.

"Crap." I groan, flopping onto my bed. He's going to be here in 20 minutes and I still need to change. I've settled on taking him to the beach. That's romantic for a 6 month anniversary, right?

"You'll be fine, where this." Jo throws me a white crop top and black shorts. Cold. It is going to be cold.

"You want me to freeze to death?" I glare at her, earning a chuckle from Alex.

"Beauty is pain, my friend. Beauty is pain." She sighs, shoving me into the bathroom. After a minute or two, I exit the bathroom, looking perfect, minus the mess on my head.

"Come, sit." Jo orders, gesturing towards a chair by my mirror. She has a curling iron plugged in and a freaked looking Alex eyeing it suspiciously.

"What is that thing?" Alex whispers, moving to touch the burning tip.

"NO!" Jo and I both slap his hand away coinsidedly.
He hissed back, cradling his hand on his chest, rather, dramatically.

"Gee, what's the big deal?" He scowls.

"This is hot, you idiot." Jo giggles, wrapping my hair around the iron tip.

"Whatever." He mumbles, exiting my room.

•••Derek's POV.•••

It's our 6 month anniversary today. I'm excited. Meredith got to pick our schedule for the date, which is quite daunting. I'm not sure what we'll do.

Soon enough, I'm at her doorstep, face to face with Alex. He looks slightly upset as he moves out of the doorway, letting me in. Immediately as I step inside, I'm met with the smell of Meredith. God, that flower scent is just mesmerizing.

"McDreamy's here!" Alex calls upstairs, leaving me alone. McDreamy? Just as I'm about to further speculate the name, I'm pulled from my thoughts at the sight of Meredith walking down the stairs.

"You look beautiful." I kiss her cheek, making sure to take in her full appearance. She's wearing very short, shorts, along with a white crop, and wavy hair. I've never seen her hair done like this before. It's gorgeous-she's gorgeous.

"You do too." She blushes, taking my hand and bidding a goodbye to Alex, who is more interested in the TV.

"I look beautiful?" I tease, opening the door for her.