Where will our life go now?

Meredith's POV 

I roll over and see Derek still sleeping next to me. I outline the details of his face with my finger as he stirs awake. He subconsciously pulled me closer so we are now face to face. I move in closer so that then I can kiss him softly.

"I want to wake up like this every day." he says smiling against my lips.

"Well don't worry we are going to for the rest of our lives." I say back kissing him deeply and flip him so  I'm on top. We kiss for about 5 more minutes before my phone starts ringing forcing our lips to separate. I sigh as I roll over to grab my phone. I look at the caller ID and see that it is a unknown number. 

"Hello?"

"Meredith, it's Thatcher, I need some help." I roll my eyes and look at Derek.

"What do you need help with?" I ask in annoyance.

"My liver is failing and I am asking if you could give me a piece of your liver?" 

"After you abandoned me and never returned"

"I was hoping that this would help us become closer."

"I'll think about it and get back to you."

"Thank you Meredith."

"I'll call you back before dinner." I hung up before he could say anything else. I look at Derek before I start talking. I tell him what Thatcher said he told me to think about it some more and that it might be a good thing to do. "I'm gonna go to the mall so I can clear my mind and think it over. Do you need anything?" I ask Derek.

"Just some navy and grey  button down shirts. You know my size."

"Yeah I'll get you a few. I'll be sure to get back by 3. Love you." I say as I kiss him on the cheek.

"Love you too."  I hear him yell as I walk out the door. I drive the 30 minutes to the mall. Thinking about what what my father - if I can call him that - said on the phone. I'm not sure that having surgery and recovery as a freshman in college. I mean that is just too much time to take off freshman year. Maybe senior year or maybe even junior year but not freshman. But at the same time I feel bad about just leaving him there with nothing and nobody. The first store that I walk into is Macy's to look at some dresses, black slacks, and shirts.  As I'm looking through the racks I spot this beautiful red lace dress with a sweetheart neckline, and long sleeves    

  As I'm looking through the racks I spot this beautiful red lace dress with a sweetheart neckline, and long sleeves    

(the dress in question)

It's perfect for an anniversary, birthday, or just a date. I think Derek will like it. So I put it in my cart and continue looking through the racks.  I find 3 more cute shirts, 2 pairs of slacks. Next I go into H&M to find Derek's button up shirts. As soon as I find an buy the shirts I walk back to my car.  I veir onto the Parkway and think more about the conversation I had with my father. I'm gonna do it, or at least get tested to see if I can do it. If I didn't the guilt would just build up in me. I get home and hear the shower is on upstairs  so I go into the bedroom and put my new  clothes and Patricks new clothes away after I finish I lay on the bed, scrolling through social media. I watch as Derek walks out of the bathroom and starts to get changed. 

"I think I'm gonna do it or at least get tested." I say out loud.

"Gonna do what?" Derek asks I roll my eyes.

"My father." I state with disgust. 

"I think that is good . Do you want me to go in with you."

"No I should be good, even if the test comes back that I can I'm gonna come home first and get some things. Let me just call Thatcher." I open up my phone and go to his new contact. After about three rings he finally picks up.

"Hey Thatcher I am going to take the test to see if I can give you a piece of my liver."

"Meredith thank you so much. Lexie couldn't  because we don't have the same blood type and Molly didn't even return my call."

"Ok I'm going to go to the hospital in about a hour." I hung up and got changed from the mall. Me and Derek just watch tv until I leave. As soon as I get into the hospital I tell the front desk that I'm getting tested to donate my liver. A nurse comes and sets me into a room and goes to get the blood test ready. 5 minutes later she comes back in and takes my blood.

"The test should be ready in 15 minutes." the nurse says as she is leaving. I go onto Tik Tok and scroll through my FYP I send some  videos to Derek. After 15 minutes she comes back with a paper in her hand.

"So there are some things we should go over. First you can't donate your liver."

"Why?" I ask confused.

"Well that's what we have to go over."

...To be continued...