Ice skating

A/n: I wrote this chapter, also I got inspiration from @pagingpatickdempsey's book "mine"

Meredith's POV

"Derek have you ever been ice skating?" I ask Derek remembering all the times I used to ice skate.

"Yes, but I haven't been in a long time."

"Can we go today after our classes? We both end class at 4 today"

"Sure baby."

"Baby? Since when do we call each other by nicknames?"

"Well I thought we could start but if you don't like it we don't have to."

"We could if you want babe just as long as you don't call me Penny." I reply smirking.

"Why do they call you Penny?" He asks the one question I was dreading him asking.

"Fine I'll tell you but you can't repeat it to anyone. Promise."

"Promise."

"Ok, when I was younger I would spend days alone when my mother was at the hospital I would play with pennies in the grass. When Alex would try and talk or get my attention in any way I wouldn't even look up or acknowledge him in any way. So he would make fun of me for it. The only way I would pay him any attention was if he took the pennies out of my hands."

"That is not terrible."

"Yeah, until they call you that every day in middle school, and high school in front of everyone."

"Well, I promise I will never call you that. Well I have to get to class I'll see you late for ice skating." He says while kissing my cheek and walking out of my bedroom.

"Ok, see you later, love."

...

It is now 4 and I am waiting for Derek to get back to the house. I hear the door open and I feel Derek's hands slip around my waist.

"Are you ready to go ice skating, love?"

"Yes, but I'm not sure you're going to be able to keep up with me."

"We'll see, lets go." We go into the car and drive to the ice skating rink and pay for the time and the skates. We are now on the ice and I feel bad for Derek because he doesn't know that I competed in ice skating for 12 years and he seems to be having trouble.

"Do you need help?" I ask Derek.

"No, I'll figure it out."

"Ok, if you say so." I reply before taking off. I decided that I would show off and do a triple axel which is one of the hardest skills to do on ice. I landed it perfectly and the look on Derek's face is priceless.

"Since when could you do that?"

"I could do it since I was 14. It took a lot of practice. You don't know this but I have been ice skating since I was 4 and was competing for 12 of those 14 years. I stopped last year because of collage," I watch as he loses his balance while I'm talking. "come here" I go over to him and hold his hands as I guide him across the ice.

"You are really good at this." He compliments.

"Well I hope I've been doing this for 14 years of my life." I reply sarcastically. I show him a few more tricks until our time is up. We end up picking up dinner on the way back to my house. The rest of the night was lovely we watched a movie and snuggled on the couch then Derek said that he had to go back to his apartment because he didn't have anymore clean clothes here. We said goodbye and I went to bed thinking about the wonderful time I had today.