Chapter IV: Symptoms of Transformation (Part 3)

Hiccup's POV

At the Cove

"Since when have I been so.."

"Mean?" Toothless finished my thought. We were resting at the cove where I met Toothless. I always come here with him when I need to do some heavy thinking, or if I wanna get away from people, which, in this case, I wanted to do both.

"It must be an effect." Toothless said. "Since dragons tend to be a bit, well, territorial, you call it being mean." he explained. I kinda got it...but then, I also kinda didn't.

It was getting kind of late. I yawned. BOOM! My jaw dropped. When I yawned, a plasma blast came out of my mouth and almost hit Toothless! "Hey! Watch where you point that thing! Wait- You shot a plasma blast?!" Toothless yelled. "I guess. I shot it out of my mouth. The transformation must be happening faster than we thought." I said. "I guess so.." Toothless went into thought.

"Let's go back home."

I went over to grab Toothless' saddle, when a plasma blast shot out of my hand. "Again?!"
Toothless grunted. "Keep your hands and mouth away from me, is all I can say." I rolled my eyes. 

"That'll be a bit hard."

The Next Day

At The Academy

"Now let's work on combat. We have to be able to defend ourselves if we're attacked and our dragons are separated from us." Hiccup said. "Now who wants to volunteer to demonstrate with me?" 

"Tch. I would volunteer, but you're no match for me." Snotlout gloated.

"Just come on!" Hiccup shouted.

Snotlout came up and charged at Hiccup. Hiccup dodged and grabbed his arm and twisted it, throwing Snotlout to the ground.

"Get up!" Hiccup stated.

Snotlout got up and charged at Hiccup, this time throwing his left fist at him. Hiccup sidestepped and grabbed Snotlout's fist. He threw Snotlout on his back.

"Get up!" Hiccup shouted.

Snotlout got up again, this time attempting a leg sweep. Hiccup grabbed his leg and swung it so that Snotlout twirled in an unbalaced circle and fell on his back once more.

"Now, let's start training. Astrid with Fishlegs, the twins with each other," "Yeah!" the twins shouted, slamming their helmets together. "and Snotlout your with me. Maybe I'll go a little easier on you." Hiccup sneered at the last part.

Snotlout glared and grabbed his mace, throwing it at Hiccup. Everyong stared in shock, wide-eyed. Hiccup just stood there until the last second and then...he caught the mace by the handle!
He threw it at a bullseye and hit it right in the middle.

"Try me again and that mace will be where your head should." Hiccup said darkly.

Snotlout rushed over to the target and started struggling to pull the mace out. Everyone was staring at Hiccup.

"What?!"

They all shook their heads and got back to training, with Snotlout still trying to pull out his mace from the target.

Just then, Hiccup got a searing pain in his back. He tried not to show it and, luckily, no one noticed. That is, no one but Toothless and Astrid. Toothless rushed over and Hiccup climbed on and they flew out of the academy.

'There is definitely something weird going on. I think I'm going to pay Hiccup a visit and find out just what's going on.' Astrid thought.