Chapter 3

The next day: Thursday

Toni's POV

I woke up super tired, probably due to it being the end of the week and because of my hookup last night. While I was getting dressed and ready for my work day, I drank a cup of coffee and ate a poptart. Once ready to go, I grabbed my camera bag and headed for the door.

Today I was going to walk to work again, so I put on my headphones and started walking, stopping at a coffee shop on the way to work to grab a french vanilla latte with a double shot of espresso. I continued my walk and realized I forgot to text Cheryl.

Toni: Good morning, beautiful

Cher😍🤤: Good morning to you too, TT

Cher😍🤤: Oh! Can you bring your motorcycle when you come down Friday night? I want to go on a joy ride 🙂

Toni: Hmm...idk, Bombshell.

Cher😍🤤: Pleeeaaasssee. Pretty, pretty please with two cherries on top *bats eyelashes*

Toni: Well I guess since you asked nicely.

Cher😍🤤: Yay! Thank you 😘

Ugh. I could never say no to that woman.

I finally got to the office, almost walking into the door because I was staring at my phone. I greet Serena and head to my bosses office to talk to her about not coming in tomorrow since I'm all caught up on everything. I walked to her door, knocking on it, waiting for an answer.

"Come in! Oh, hey Toni. What can I do for you?"

"Hey, Shana. I just had a question about tomorrow."

"Alright, what is it? Anything for my top photographer." She smiled.

"Well, I was wondering if I could possibly take tomorrow off. I've got some plans this weekend and thought I'd get a headstart. I'm all caught up on my work and even have some drafts for the nex-"

Shana interrupted, "Yes, absolutely. You can have tomorrow off, Toni. It's not a problem at all."

"Wait, really?!" I asked, a little shocked. Shana has always been a super cool boss, but some days she was hard to read.

She chuckled a bit before saying, "Yes, Toni. You deserve it. It's fine."

"Awesome! Thanks, Shana!" I said as I left her office.

Toni: Hey, loser. What time does your arm candy leave tomorrow?

Cher😍🤤: Excuse me? I'm obviously the arm candy. I'm going to pretend I'm not offended.

Toni: You're always offended, though.

*ten minutes pass by*

Toni: Ah, giving me the silent treatment now are we?

*five minutes pass by*

Toni: Fine. Guess I just won't come down this weekend. You'll just have to wait longer.

Cher😍🤤: NO I'M TOTALLY HERE. YOU NEED TO COME SEE MEEEEE

And that's how you get Cheryl Blossom

Toni: You're lucky we're best friends, Cher.

Cher😍🤤: Archie said he'll be leaving sometime in the morning. I guess it's a long drive to wherever they'll be murdering animals. And he'll be gone until Sunday night.

----------

The Next Day: Friday

Cheryl's POV

I woke up in a great mood. My best friend was coming over for the weekend and it's been soooo long since I've seen her. I have so much to do before she gets here. Archie was still asleep next to me so I started waking him up as he wanted to leave early. "Archie..." I gently shook him. "Archie..." I tried again, being louder. Finally after five minutes of doing this, I started planting kisses all over his face and neck.

"Uuuuugggghh" he groaned.

"Babe, you need to get up so you can head to your dads." I told him. He groaned again, but then faced me and kissed my forehead. "Fine, but only for you." He said before getting up. Ugh. I love this man.

I put on my robe and headed downstairs to start coffee and make Archie some eggs before he left. Once everything was done, I set our plates and coffees at the table, waiting for him. As I was eating and waiting for Archie, I got a text from Toni.

TT🥰: Good morning, asshat 😘

Cher: Uhm, that's rude. See if I ever let you into my house, again.

Cher: But also, good morning, rude ass.

TT🥰: Can't wait to see you later. It's going to be sooo fun!

Cher: Indeed it is, Toni. I need to clean before you get here. This house is a disaster.

TT🥰: I'm sure it's fine. Quit stressing, Bombshell.

Archie finally came down the stairs. He gave me a kiss on the lips before digging into his breakfast. "So the plan is to meet at my dads and take his truck out to that private lake we went to last year for our hunting trip. Should get there later today, then hunting all day tomorrow and head back here Sunday morning."

"Sounds like fun, babe. I'm excited for you. It'll be nice to get away from Riverdale for a few days."

"Don't lie. You don't think it sounds like fun." He chuckled with a big grin. "But yeah, getting out of town will be nice. Maybe next time you spend a weekend with Toni, you should go back to New York. I'll be fine here."

"Definitely not my kind of fun to be murdering animals in the woods, where ticks live." I laughed. "Yeah, I think I might. I do kind of miss the city from time to time."

Suddenly Archie got a phone call, "Oh, that's my dad. I better get going." He quickly put his plate and mug in the sink. "Love ya, babe." He said as he kissed my lips and answered his phone, while grabbing his hunting gear and bags. "Hey! Yeah, yeah. I'm on my way." Archie put his stuff in his car and drove off to his dad's house.

I really don't want to clean this pigsty, but it needs done and no one else will do it. Maybe I need to hire a maid, or a cleaning lady.

Cheryl finished her breakfast and coffee, heading back upstairs to change into some short workout shorts and sports bra before cleaning. Once she was back downstairs, she turned on her bluetooth speaker, connected her phone and started cleaning.