Chapter 6

Sunday Morning

Cheryl’s POV 

I was the first to wake up. To my surprise, I was facing Toni, still in her arms. Both of us were laying on our sides. I took in Toni’s skin, and how the morning sun made it glow. My God, she is breathtaking. Inching closer to her, if even possible, I kissed her nose. This didn’t wake her. I traced shapes into her bicep, causing to lightly flinch in her sleep, making me giggle. 

A few minutes later, I decided to kiss her lips. She breathed in deeply, finally opening her eyes and smiling. Toni stretched her arms and legs, still in the same position. She surprised me by wrapping her arms tightly around me and pulling me on top of her. We were still under the covers and I just laid on top of her, with her arms tightly around me. She was so warm. 

“I don’t want you to go.” I pouted

“Then what if I don’t?”

“Babe, you can’t miss work tomorrow. And I have to deal with Archie tonight.” I said, sitting up.

“Yeah, I guess so. Shana would probably be totally cool with it, though. I mean, she let me off on Friday?”

“What about Archie, though?” 

“I can deal with Archie. He doesn’t scare me.”

“Ugh, fine. I guess see what Shana says and we can go from there? I’m going to go start breakfast.” I give Toni a passionate kiss and get off of her, putting my robe on and heading downstairs. 

----------

Toni’s POV

Toni: Hey, Shana. So some stuff came up back home in Riverdale. Would it be cool if I missed tomorrow? I’ll bring you coffee every day this week :) 

Boss Lady: You know I can’t be bought, Toni.

Boss Lady: But yes, coffee will do. I’ll see you Tuesday. 

I laughed at Shana’s text and quickly got dressed into some black jogger sweats and t-shirt before heading downstairs to help with breakfast. As I stepped down the top step, I heard yelling. Is that Archie? The fuck is he doing here so early? I stayed quiet and tried to listen. 

----------

Cheryl’s POV

I came downstairs to find Archie sitting at the table, beer in his hand, along with three empty bottles on the table. “Archie, what are you doing here?” I asked calmly and quite surprised. 

“Well, I came home early to surprise you. Was even going to make you breakfast, until I went upstairs to find you not in our bed, but instead in the guest bed with that slut.”

“Toni is no slut! And you know we always sleep in the same bed when she stays over.”

“But not naked, with your clothes all over the living room floor. You fucked her, didn’t you? You finally got what you wanted after all these years. She definitely got what she wanted.” He scoffs.

“What are you talking about, Archie?” I say as I lean back against the counter, him still sitting at the table. 

“You really never paid attention to how she looked at you? Wow, you’re more oblivious than I thought, Cher.” He laughed. 

“I don’t know why you’re here, Archie, but we’re done!”

He started to laugh, “Why?! Because I cheated on you?! Or because you were dumb enough to believe that I actually loved you?!” he yelled as he stood up.