Chapter 6

Once I was at the door I took a deep breath then walked in.

"Hello?" I said. Then turned on the light. "Jeremy?"

I'd never been in this class room and it was very big. Well it was from what I could see. The lights there turned off so I couldn't see much.

"Maria." I turned round and the lighted turned on. It was Jeremy.

"What did you need me for?" I said. When I turned round again I saw Clare tied up to a chair. "What's going on?"

"Just a little get together." He said.

"Your supposed to kill vampires not humans!" I shouted. Hoping Caroline or Stefan would hear and come to save us.

"No one can hear you so I wouldn't shout." He said and locked the door then moved closer.

"Please don't hurt us." I said, standing next to Clare. She had tape over her mouth.

"Oh, I don't plan to but if you don't listen then..." He told me.

"Why are we here?" I said. "We are humans. Just like you."

"Yes, but she's dating a vampire!" He shouted, Pointing at Clare, "and you are best friends with them!"

"Your sister is a vampire, how could you be so heartless."

"They are the ones that kill innocent people!" He pointed out.

''Not all vampires do that!" I told him.

"Ah, so I will kill the ones that DO kill innocent people." He said.

There was a silence.

"Damon? Klaus? Caroline? ELENA?" He said. "They kill innocent people."

"You don't have to be like them." I said in a quiet voice.

"Look!" He stepped closer and I stepped back into a chair and fell into it. "I am protecting the town!"

I had to find a way to shut him up! To put him on the spot.

"Alaric wouldn't want you to kill them!" I said, teary eyed, "he loved them even though he was a hunter."

"Don't bring him into this." Jeremy shouted and pulled out a knife.

He run toward me and put the knife to my neck. "Alaric isn't here now."

I took a deep breath and kicked Jeremy back. He was stronger obviously but I had been trained.

He got knocked back and I had just enough time to get up and grab the pen knife I always kept in my back pocket. True, it was much smaller than his knife but I still slashed a bit of his arm.

He gasped in pain but then he seemed to not feel it anymore and he pushed my up against the wall. I head butted him and ran to Clare whilst he recovered.

I pulled the tape off her mouth and loosened the rope from her hands which stung me and made me fall back into the chair and hold my own hand in pain.

"Ahhh!" I screeched.

Jeremy was next to me now and whacked me over the face with the back of his hand and I fell on the floor head first.

"Stop!" I said and tried to get up but I just fell back down. "What was on them ropes?"

"What?" Jeremy looked confused.

I nodded over to the chair, " them ropes. What was on them?"

"Vervain!" He said. Then as if he had realised something his head whipped back round and he looked at the chair.

Clare was gone. The rope was trailing toward the door an the door was open. She got free.

I smiled and Jeremy looked back at me angrily.

"Now you die!" He shouted. He plunged the knife downward toward my heart and I rolled over and tripped him up. He landed on the floor and the knife flew out of his hand.

"Not today!" I said. I picked up his knife and bent over him, putting the blade to his neck. "Now, why did you need me here?"

"I won't tell you." He insisted.

I pressed down harder with the blade.

"You wouldn't kill me." He laughed.

"Want a bet?" I said. Adrenaline rushed through me.

"Yes! I do." He said.

I was just about to push even harder when Damon ran in and grabbed me.

"What are you doing?" I shouted. "Get off me."

"You can't kill him!" Damon said.

"Why not?" I spat at him.

"Because your not a killer." He looked at me desperately trying to make me stop.

"Oh! I will be when I'm finished with him." I pushed Damon away and walked toward Jeremy.

He was gone.

"You let him get away!" I said and slapped Damon in the face.

He just stood there and took it.

"I couldn't let you kill him." Damon said.

"I will never forgive you." I said and stormed out the door.

What I didn't know was that Jeremy was right outside waiting for me.

I turned the corner and the knife was plunged into my stomach.

"Ah!" I screamed and looked up at Jeremy.

"Stupid vampire lover." He took the knife out and ran off.

Before I fell Klaus caught me.