Chapter 10

I was locked in my room for about 3 days, eating the food from my mini fridge although sadly its nearly all gone. So I wasn't surprised when I got a call from Clare.

"Give Stefan a chance." She pleaded.

"No, I was locked in a room for a whole night and taken by Klaus and they didn't even try to get me." I told her.

"Yeah; they don't know why they did that. They were surprised themselves. Maybe they were compelled?"

"Hm. Maybe..." I considered.

"So you will forgive them?" She asked.

"I'll think about it." I said. "But only because my food is running out."

I hung up and unlocked my door. The house was quiet so I suspected they were out but when I got down the stairs I realised the tv was on.

"Damon? I need food." I shouted.

Suddenly I heard a crashing sound. I ran towards it and saw that Stefan had Damon pinned against a wall. How original I thought.

Just as I stood inside the room my head ached so bad I was gripping onto the counter. I heard everything they were saying but I couldn't see their mouths moving.

Damon ran over once he threw Stefan off himself.

"Maria?" He said. Then turned to stefan and said, "What's going on?"

He shrugged and got him phone out.

"Don't call Klaus!" I shouted at him. "He doesn't know I'm back!"

"How did you know I was going to call Klaus?" He said and put his phone away.

"Doesn't matter just call Klaus!" Damon urged Stefan.

Stefan refused because he didn't want Klaus to come here. So Damon called him.

I was sitting at the table with my hands over my head trying to shield my head from the continuous noise.

"What have you done to her!" Damon shouted down the phone.

"Ah, so I see you have Maria with you." He laughed, "have the headaches started yet?"

"What did you do?" Damon gritted him teeth.

"I did nothing. When you stabbed herself a while back it seems she died. Sort of." He said.

"So what? She's a vampire?" He asked.

"Not exactly." Klaus said. "Bring her to me and I will tell you."

"No way!"

"Then she will just live in pain."

"Please just tell me." Damon said.

"She can read thoughts, she's stronger than an average human but not as strong as a vampire, she's faster than an average human too. Also, she can here better than an average human." Klaus laughed. "That will be hell for her."

"So she's like a half vampire?"

"No! A long time ago there was a group of them I bumped into. Can't remember the name though." He said. "I killed them all. They were supposed to be the only ones."

"We will find out from here! Stay away from us!" Damon said and hung up.

He walked over to the table and grabbed a seat next to mine and places his hand over mine and I looked up.

"I heard." I said to him.

"Okay. I'm not going to get used to that."

"My head is killing me." I said blinking back tears.