Chapter 5

Back at home Clare was waiting with Klaus and a few other hybrids on the sofa.

"Oh my god!" Clare said and ran up to us as we came through the door. She looked and my arm. "What happened?"

"It's fine. Nearly healed. I can't feel it anymore." I said. Stefan gave me some of his blood in the car to heal my broken arm.

"Is that really a good thing?" She asked.

"I dunno; ask Stefan. I'm going to bed." I walked past Klaus and nodded toward upstairs.

He followed and Damon gave us a strange look as we left the living room.

"Thank you!" I said whilst hugging Klaus.

"For what?" He asked.

"Sending the hybrids to save us." I said as if it was obvious.

"Oh, that's nothing. I'm just glad your okay." He said.

"Why?" I asked strangely.

"What do you mean?" He said.

"Why are you happy that I'm okay?" I said, " sorry if this offends you but your not the most caring person."

"Okay, true but I'm changing." He said and walked toward the door.

"Well, thanks again." I said and he left.

I got up and changed into a oversized top to sleep in then got into be and turned the lamp off.

When I woke up the next day it was very bright outside and the birds were singing happily. I got out of bed after about five minuets and walked over to my dressing table that Stefan got me for my birthday.

I looked at myself and sighed. Make-up was all around my face and I looked really rough. I tiredly got in the shower and washed then got out and dried my hair. It was quick so I wasn't going to be late. Once I was changed into a just above the knee hight black skirt and a white top I got my bag and headed toward the door.

Reaching slowly for the handle I realised something was wrong, the room looked different. I turned and saw a letter propped up on the dressing table and strolled over to it. The handwriting was neat but rushed and in black ink.

I opened it and it read 'dearest Maria, this isn't a messagei to be afraid of but it is important. I will need to meet you at lunch in room twenty three to speak. Sincerely Jeremy Gilbert.'

A strange looking note from a Gilbert. Sounds like a klaus note.

"Maria?" A voice shouted from downstairs. It was Clare's.

"What are you doing here? I thought you would of left last night." I said walking down the stairs.

"Well my boyfriend does live here." She replied.

"Sorry about last night. I just went upstairs and didn't really talk to you. I guess there was a lot on my mind." I admitted.

"It's fine. I understand." She said and walked toward the door. "You need a lift?"

"Yeah. Sure."

At school the first few lessons wizzed by without much entertainment. Then it was lunch and I was still debating wether to tell Stefan and go safely knowing someone knew I was going to be with Jeremy or not go at all. Anyway, it's only Jeremy and I wasn't a vampire so he wouldn't have the urge to kill me so I guess there was no need to worry. Just two friends having a chat.

I decided to give a note to this random person who knew Stefan so he would know where I was anyway. Just incase.