Chapter 7

Klaus lied me gently into the back seats of his car then shut the door and called someone on the phone. I couldn't hear what he was saying but from what I could see he was pretty angry.

My vision was going blurred now, I couldn't see clearly but I saw Damon coming out of the building with Stefan. They saw Klaus' car and ran over. Damon started shouting and Stefan looked worried. All I could do was stare and try to keep myself awake.

Klaus finally gave up and got into the car. I felt a small movement and then we were driving away from the school.

"Wh-where's Clare?" I barely managed to get out. Now my breathing was getting worse too.

"She's fine. Safe." Klaus said. "I'm taking you to my house."

"Why?" I asked.

"Because Damon and Stefan can barely look after themselves." He told me.

"I can look after myself!" I tried to argue.

"Looks like it." He said sarcastically.

"This wasn't my fault, Damon came in and..." I stopped myself.

"Exactly." Klaus said.

When I didn't answer he looked back to check on me.

"Keep your eyes on the road old man." I said.

He looked relived then turned his attention back to the road. "Old?"

"Well you are, your just lucky you haven't got grey hair." I joked.

"You're the one that's actually going to get grey hair." He said.

That reminded me of something," are you definitely sure I'm human?"

"What makes you say that?" He asked. "And yes,you are."

"Because when I touched the ropes to set Clare free I was effected by the vervain." I told him.

When he didn't answer I took it as a bad sign. But when I was about to question him o remembered the pain.

"Owww." I moaned quietly.

"We will be back in a minuet." He said and drove a little faster.

When we finally got back to his from what felt like the longest car ride ever he pushed everything on the table and made one of his hybrids lift me onto it.

"Go and get a witch." Klaus ordered. "Anyone!"

He looked down and me and took my jacket off.

"Ouch!" I said as he pulled my up a little too hard.

"Sorry. This is going to hurt but can you lift your top up slowly." He asked and I could see the pain in his face. He cared.

I obeyed and stated up at him and he put a towel over my wound.

"I don't understand." I said. "About the vervain."

He looked away from me, " that's why I'm getting the witch."

"No! I don't need a witch." There was something wrong about humans being close to magic.

Some say vampires and hybrid and werewolves are worse but I could stand them. It's just magic that made we uneasy. It's taken from the earth and used for good most of the time but something about it was scary. Everyone knew how I felt. Even Klaus.

"We have too!" Klaus told me.

"No! I will find out some other way." I knew there was no use arguing with Klaus but it was worth a try.

"I know how you feel bu-"

"-no you dont!"I cut in,"or you wouldn't be doing this to me!"

"The witch is only going to see what's going on with your body. It's not going to actually be used on you." He said.

"Promise?" I said.

"Yes. I promise." He said taking my hand. Warmth spread through my body until the witch walked into the room and Klaus let go.

"I understand you need me for something." She said.

The witch was quite tall and has short brown hair and dark brown eyes.

"Yes, this is Maria." He said and she smiled at me. All I did was stare back. "She's uneasy about witches."

"Im fine." I said.

"Yes. You are aren't you?" He said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I said.

"You have been stabbed. You're supposed to be in major pain or even dead by now but you're healing fast. Not as fat as a vampire but faster that a human." He said.

It was true. The pain was more like a n ache now and my vision was fully back.

"Please find out what's wrong with me." I said," use the witch I don't care just find out."

He smile and waved the witch over.

"I will need a sample of your blood, hair, urine, and finger or toe nail." She said.

"What? Are you kidding?" I asked. "Just call a scientist. That could do this."

It was unbelievable. Klaus knew I hated magic but he still insisted a witch should do what a scientist could.

"No, I'm not sure they could." She said.

"I wasn't speaking to you." I hissed and sat up.

Why was I so angry? Oh god, heightened feelings.

"Okay! Calm now." Klaus said. He put a hand on my arm and I calmed a bit.

"I'm so sorry. But I need those things in three hours." The witch said then walked out of the room.

"She's got attitude." I said when the door closed.

"Are you sure she's the one with attitude?" He joked.

"Yes!" I urged, "anyway I need to go pee. So I will see you in a minuet."

"Ah!" He grabbed my arm and spun me around. I looked at him and then felt him put something in my hand. I looked down and saw it was a little pot to pee into.

"Oh, great." I moaned and then went to pee and also grabbed a shower.