Chapter 3

The drive was long and I grew hungry so I stopped in a travel lodge. I know I had to get to Stefan and Damon but if I fell asleep at the wheel that wouldn't be good for anyone so I stayed there for a sleep and a meal but only for about five hours then grabbed a few snacks for on the way. By now the vampire blood was either out or nearly out of my system so if I did turn up the man wouldn't kill me. Well I wouldn't turn into a vampire once he killed me.

Once I got into the car I turned the radio on. Flicking through a few music stations I realised nothing good was going to be on so I out in a CD. It's was a BVB CD.

After an hour or two of driving I had to get some petrol so I pulled up at a petrol station and filled up the car. It was quite expensive and I realised I didn't bring much money so I got out my emergency card, which Stefan insisted I had, and paid with that so I could keep the cash.

When I was unlocking my car I got a phone call.

"Hello. Where are you? I went round yours and a load of hybrids were standing around the house!" Clare said.

"Okay so I can tell you a bit of what I'm doing but you can't tell anyone." I said.

"Tell me!" She practically shouted.

"I'm going to save Damon and St-" I cut myself off because she isn't know about Stefan being captured and I didn't want her to worry.

"What? Are you mad?" She urged.

"Well I wouldn't say mad but I am a very caring person!" I said.

"Where are you?" She asked,"I will meet you!"

"I'm sorry Clare but I need to do this myself. Plus I'm not a child, now I understand what Damon feels like when we are worrying about him." I admitted.

"Look, it may seem as if your doing a great thing but getting yourself killed isn't a good way to go about it." She said.

"Wait! How do you know about Damon being taken?" I asked.

"Klaus told his hybrids that were outside your house and they told Tyler and he told Matt who told Jeremy who told me." She told me.

"Okay. Well I really have to go. Cover for me. And don't tell Klaus he will send a search party of hybrids."

"A few months ago he was trying to kill you!" She said.

"I know." I said," it's strange. Like he suddenly cares."

I hung up after saying that and opened the car door and got in. When I was just about to start driving I saw a man in the car beside me staring at me. When he saw me look he turned his head but not before giving a worried look.

Finally about and hour after I reached the warehouse and parked somewhere I couldn't be seen. Then I stepped out and looked up at the big abandoned building.