Chapter 4

Looking up at the building gave me shivers.

I had to work very hard to get my muscles to not turn me in the direction of the car and drive home. This place just screamed 'your gonna die tonight.' Funny enough it was evening and was pretty dark for summer.

"Here I go." I mumbled to my self and walked through the massive garage type doorway into the ware house.

I braced myself for what was going to happen next. But nothing did. Damon was sitting there tied to a chair.

"Damon?" I ran over and ripped the tape from his mouth.

"Maria?" He looked dazed.

"It me." I said holding his head up. "You haven't fed in ages."

I got a stake out of my bag and sliced a bit of my arm. Warm flowing blood welled up and leaked over into the floor.

"Here. Drink." I said and held my arm up.

"No." He said. A little breathless.

"You have to." I said and pushed my arm up to him mouth which made him drink.

After a few seconds he started taking too much.

"Easy." I said and he let go.

"Get the ropes off." He said," thank you."

"Are they vervained?" I asked.

"Yes." He said.

"Okay. Hold on." I got out a pen knife and cut the ropes.

Once they were loose and Damon was stable I told him to get to the car.

"No way. I'm not leaving you in here alone." He said protectively.

"You need to get to the car." I demanded but as always he didn't listen.

"No!" He raised his voice.

"Where's Stefan we have no time to argue?" I asked.

"Round the back but I will go in first." He said.

"No. I will. He wants me alive, well sort of, but he will kill you without hesitation." I told him.

"It's not a man..." He said.

"Oh, well a man phoned so they must be a team." I thought out loud. "Just let me go in. You watch my back."

We made our way to the back. Once we got there we found that Stefan wasn't anywhere in sight.

"Where could he be?" Damon asked.

"There's a whole warehouse. Maybe we should split up." I said and threw Damon a cheap phone. "Call me if you find him."

I hurried off before he could protest.

"Be careful." I heard.

Ever since the petrol garage I had felt watched. It was a horrible feeling.

"The girl still hasn't shown?" I heard a woman say.

I hid against a wall and listened to them speak.

"No. I went to her house, there wasn't any one there." A man said. The voice from the phone.

Hybrids should of been there. Why did the man think no one was there?

"Well we have her dearest friends. I'm sure she will come soon." The woman said. Then the talking faded and away and they were gone.

"Stefan?" I whispered. Wondering if he was there.

"Nope." Damon said. "I can't find him."

I hit him. "You dick! I didn't know you were there. You scared me!"

"Sorry. But I can't find him..." Damon said.

"He has to be here somewhere." I said.

"Okay let's go to the car then make a plan." Damon said.

We walked back to the car and started speaking through plans when I spotted something.

"Damon?" I said and tapped his shoulder.

"What?" He ask and looked in the direction I was.

"I found Stefan." I said and got out of the car.

"Oh my god..." Damon followed.

"Stefan? What are you doing?" I shouted. He was on top of the warehouse and had a stake in his hand.

"Step away or I will tell him to kill himself." A man voice said. Not the same one as on the phone though.

"No." I mumbled to myself. "He won't listen!"

"He has no choice."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

I was about to run when a man grabbed Damon from behind and a woman grabbed me.

"Get off!" I said and tried to struggle. No use, she was a vampire.

"Not gonna happen." She whispered in my ear.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked her.

"Because...you and your 'friends' will come in the way of our plans." A man voice said. One from the phone.

"Your the one from the phone!" I said.

"Well done my dear." He said.

"I'm not your dear!" I spat.

"Maria." Damon said. Warning me not to test their patience.

"Get off!" I screamed and got loose of the grip but it done no good. All the happened was my arm broke.

I heard the snap and screamed in pain. But I refused to cry!

"Now...if you try that again it won't just be your arm snapping. Understand?" The woman said.

"Yes." I said standing still and biting my lips in pain.

"Are you okay?" Damon asked.

I nodded but he saw I wasn't.

"Let her go. She won't mess with your plans. She's just human." He said.

Oh no.

"Only human?" The man asked. "How so?"

"I got saved." I said.

"By who?" He asked.

"Someone who would kick your ass if he knew you had me here!" I said.

"But he does know?" He teased, "so he can't kick my ass."

"No...But we can." A voice came from the roof where Stefan was standing, it was Tyler's voice.

A load of Hybrids jumped down and ran toward me and Damon saving us from the vampires that gripped us.

"Thank you." I said as Tyler got the woman away and a female hybrid dealt with her.

"Any time." He said and ran to the roof to save Stefan, who seemed to be in some sort of trance until Tyler grabbed his shoulders and shook them.

A hybrid ran past me and hit against my arm and I whined in pain. Damon ran over and put me safely in the car. The two vampires that were holding me and Damon were long dead by now. I was asleep in the front passenger seat and Damon drove with Tyler and Stefan in the back.