Chapter 6: Sandwich Delivery Guy

Parker chatted with my mom while I changed. I pulled on a cute tank top my mom had gotten me and some shorts. As I attempted to put makeup on, I realized I had slept in my contacts and my eyes were now a light red color. I groaned as I walked over to the bathroom to wash my face. The first thing I did was remove my contacts and put redness reliever eye drops in. While I turned the water of the sink on, my little adventure from earlier kept playing in my head. I really could have died. I literally put my life in the hands of some dork that probably had every sort of AIDS in existence.

And it was so strange, staring through that window, at my mother, and her not having a clue I was there.

Wait a second.

The balconies had to be how the person from earlier had gotten up here to take my picture. Hopefully this person didn't know about Parker's key. Actually, for all I knew this mysterious person was Parker, I wasn't ruling anything out at this point.

I was putting new contacts in when I heard a knock on the door, "Almost ready? I texted Veronica to tell her to come." Parker called through the door.

I opened the door and replied, "I'm ready, what's today's lesson?"

"Well, you obviously can't walk the runway with crutches. I was thinking some simple pictures. What's your phone number? It's for Veronica." He held out his phone. I went to the message button and texted my number to her.

"Alright Charlie, be careful. If you injure the other leg, I'm going to put an end to your modeling career." My mom said sternly.

"Alright, gotcha." I replied with a salute.

As soon as we were down stairs and in the limo to go to this mysterious picture taking area Parker asked, "Why did she call you Charlie?"

"Everyone calls me Charlie at home. It's my nickname."

"And you're just now telling me this? I've had to call you Charlotte all this time."

"You call me Goldie Locks most of the time." I countered.

"That's completely besides the point."

I rolled my eyes and the limo came to a stop. There were tons of trees and shaded paths in front of me. A little paradise in the middle of a bustling man-made city. Central Park.

"But this is in public." I squeaked.

"And your point is?" Parker asked, getting out of the limo.

"People are going to see me try to model!" I cried.

"If you don't want anyone to see you, you're in the wrong business." Parker commented.

"I don't even want to be a model."

"Then why are you here?"

"I don't have a choice."

"Now, that's not true. We always have choices. No matter what anyone else says, you're the one who owns your own life. You're behind the steering wheel, stop listening to the chatty, annoying person in the passenger's seat."

Just then, Veronica walked over to us. At least this time she wasn't wearing an elaborate dress; she looked almost normal.

"Hey Charlotte-" Veronica began,

"Charlie." Parker cut in.

"I'm sorry, what?" Veronica asked.

"She goes by Charlie, but she just never felt the need to say anything to us."

"I've only known you for a few days, it would have come up eventually." I defended.

"Let's just get down to business. Parker, you have a job this time." Veronica said.