kehlanis pov

It's been a week since that whole Robyn kidnapping me thing happened and she's been avoiding me like a pleaque,no longer comes to class and when she does she attends classes we don't have together.l just don't understand how someone can do that to you and just ignore you if anything l should be ignoring her."a penny for your thoughts love"Lexi my other besties asked me as we were walking"urg it's nothing"l responded in an annoyed way"it's something because it's bothering you,l mean maybe others don't notice but l know you've been sad for a few days now so come on before l force it out of you"she said and l had no choice but to tell her."To be honest l think it's best you stay away from her,she's a player, trouble and only gonna break your heart but I'll say that it's kinda strange the way she's acting"Lexi was right"it's like she's running away from feeling,from being vulnerable, from letting me in and it's driving me crazy l really want to know"."Curiosity killed a cat honey and besides who needs her when you have a secret admirer" Lexi said grinning."you think l should report that?"l asked seriously concerned"are you crazy why would you it's so sweet and romantic,it's not like they sending you death threats,or following you around it's probably some of the guys in the football team or some nerd,you are hot after all and honey when love does come around please stop Turning it down not everyone is gonna break your heart".It was Friday after school,me and Lexi were going to practice with the band at chynnas house.

"Hi y'all"l said to my band mates "hi Lanilaxi" chynna said"y'all late again"she said rolling her eyes in a joking way"hi y'all"the rest of the band said

"Hi y'all"l said to my band mates "hi Lanilaxi" chynna said"y'all late again"she said rolling her eyes in a joking way"hi y'all"the rest of the band said."sorry boo"Lexi said hugging her,we exchanged a few hugs with everyone,had convos and laughs.l love it here it's my escape from the world,being around people who truly and passionately loved music."mmh l like your bridge"kehh said"l think it needs to go higher"l said "l think we need to play the chorus again"chynna said" and add this beat to it"Micah said playing the beat"oooohhhh"we all agreed"thats fire"Edward said.we played for hours on end until we decided we had enough and just chilled it's Friday after all."Guys it's getting late l got to go"by then it was 10 o'clock"I'll take y'all home who wants a ride?"Ed asked"I'm staying"Lexi replied with the rest following" stay guys my parents are gone for the weekend"chynna said"l would but y'all know how my aunt is,should've told me earlier l would've asked to stay over"l replied"ow come on stop being a party Popper Lani,she'll get over it" jahron said"nah bye guys" they tried to convince me and l almost fell for it but l left l don't want to bother my aunt and honestly l don't feel like partying. "Kehlani,KEHLANI!!!"Ed said snapping me out of my thoughts"sorry what?"l replied"you ok you've been spacing out lately"he tried"yah I'm ok" l said more to myself "ow come on this is me what's up?". " Everything Ed everything it seems like l can't get a break in this life,l mean what did l do so bad that everyone walks away from me"l said on the verge of tears"Not everyone I'll always be here for you ALWAYS and Your Aunt,Tanya and lmani"he said as my house came into view.we stayed in comfortable silence for a while before l opened the door to leave but l turned around to glance at Ed"thank you for always being there for me and for being a brother to me"l said finally getting out but just before l could reach the door he spoke to me"ITs THEIR LOSS FOR NOT STAYING YOU HAVE A GOOD HEART AND I AM SO LUCKY YOU ARE MY SISTER"he said before waving me goodbye."Hi Mani"l said closing door and locking it but she was so focused and blushing at her phone she didn't hear me.so l shouted"HI MANI!!" scaring the shit out of her causing her to fall and l laughed so hard"it's not funny,you scared me,l could've been hurt and when did you get here anyways?" She said a little annoyed"it is funny you should've seen yourself fall"l said laughing again."how was your date with Steven?"l asked joining her on the sofa"l think I'm in love"she said blushing"he asked me to be his gf and he is so amazing,he's everything I've ever wanted and more,he is such a gentleman and believes in wooing a girl unlike most guys....."And on and on she went about him l even fell asleep listening to her but I'm glad she's found someone who treats her like a queen."you listening to me Kehlani,KEHLANI"she said shaking me but l was gone l was really exhausted from practice"l ain't carrying you upstairs"she said wrapping me in a blanket switched off the lights and left.