Stay

JJ's breathing was soft and regulated now, as he lay on my chest

JJ's breathing was soft and regulated now, as he lay on my chest. Although the hyperventilating a had stopped, my arms griped him a right, wound around his frame. We were silent, in the dimly lit, spare room, of the chateau.

Kie and Pope left me to put him to bed and they'd cleared out a while ago but they'd be back in the morning.

I wasn't going to let him go again, like I had earlier. Maybe if I'd pushed though my pettiness over his comments and just followed him until he couldn't ignore me. Maybe he wouldn't have gone home. I wasn't leaving the OBX. I couldn't and I was going to plead my case to my parents the first chance I got. It's not like they hadn't threatened it before.

However, right now, all I cared about was keeping my hand steady as I rubbed JJ's back; to keep him at ease.
He suddenly shifted and looked up at me with a frown. "What are you thinking about?"

I shrugged at him, a weak smile on my lips. "What do you think?" I whispered.

His eyes turned apologetic and I shook my head not meaning to make him feel bad. I reached for his cheek pulling his lips down to mine. He kissed me back softly then pulled away and cupped my cheek searching my eyes for a moment. "Yucatán with you." He whispered.

I smiled running my thumb along the curve of his lip. "Yucatán with you." I echoed, so in love with the moment.

"I don't wanna stay here when we get the money." He frowned shaking his head.

"Yeah, you can still be full kook in Yucatán." I laughed quietly.

"I'd go full kook in chigaco." He answered shocking me.

I opened my mouth but no words came out I didn't know what to say.

"Don't tell me I'm crazy." He sang nervously.

"You're not crazy." I quickly answered.

"So what is it?"

"Now I know, I'm not just another one of those girls." I mumbled.

He pushes up off of my body a frown spreading over his angelic features. "You could never be, another one of those girls." He scoffed. "I'll follow you to Chicago Tri -I don't want you to leave-"

"I don't wanna leave!" Cried to him. "I don't wanna leave you."

"What?"

"I don't wanna leave. I'm not leaving." I refused.

"Your parents-"