❣the dream❣

Y/n and Edge, in all their dumb childlike glory, were so innocently playing in the snow, you'd find it hard to believe they were in a Fell au.

Red was standing watch nearby, chuckling at how his younger siblings bickered playfully over the snowman they were building.

...of course the bullies were back. Red sighed in exasperation. Surely the group had learned their lesson the last time they had wanted to pull a stunt on his siblings.

Edge had instinctively moved in front of Y/n, who had tears already welling up in their eyes.

The bullies were obviously jeering at the two about being "daddy's kids" and throwing fake, taunting punches. Y/n flinched, struggling to keep up.

Red would have joined in, but h̶i̶s̶ y̶a̶n̶d̶e̶r̶e̶ i̶n̶t̶si̶n̶c̶t̶ h̶a̶s̶n̶'t̶ s̶u̶r̶f̶a̶c̶e̶d̶ y̶e̶t̶  he knew his lil bro was good at offense. Edge had it handled.

That is. Until Y/n got their sudden burst of energy.

Y/n, in retaliation, heaved the strongest punch they could.

The instant regret kicked in.

They hadn't meant to do that.

That wasn't intended. The bloody nose they just gave a kid wasn't planned.

The human snapped up from their sleep. Y/n never understood why that particular moment hurt their SOUL so much.

AS YOU STRUGGLE TO GET A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP, THE PAST WON'T STOP LEERING IN. THE BULLIES THAT HAUNTED YOU THEN AND HAUNT YOU NOW WON'T GO AWAY. AS YOU RECALL THE FLASHBACK, THE 'KILL OR BE KILLED' PART OF YOUR BRAIN TOLD YOU THAT THAT WAS THE FIRST TIME YOU HAD EVER TRULY FELT
JUSTICE.