❣"nightmares"❣

[Ah yes. One of my gender envies. Stretch. PLEASE don't question my mini-hiatus-]
(3rd POV)

Red impatiently drummed his fingers on the table. Y/n and Stretch were getting too.. buddy-buddy for his liking. Didn't they see the way he looked at them?

Disgusting.

But Red bottled his feelings. Y/n was so oblivious, of course they wouldn't notice. T̶h̶a̶t̶ w̶a̶s̶ w̶h̶y̶ t̶h̶e̶y̶ d̶i̶d̶n̶'t̶ n̶o̶t̶i̶c̶e̶ t̶h̶e̶ t̶r̶a̶c̶k̶e̶r̶ o̶n̶ t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ p̶h̶o̶n̶e̶, a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ a̶l̶l̶.

Stretch, however, had a different perspective on the matter. Y'know, Y/n is pretty damn funny! Too funny for her... his... their..? Their own good.

But it was e̶l̶a̶t̶i̶n̶g̶, s̶o̶ a̶m̶a̶z̶i̶n̶g̶, o̶h̶ g̶o̶d̶ t̶h̶e̶y̶'r̶e̶ p̶e̶r̶f̶e̶c̶t̶   really nice to have another funny person around. Red was also a riot, but Red excelled in dark humor. Y/n had a wide variety of jokes they could make.

Though it appeared Red had fallen asleep. Right in his sibling's lap. Stretch was jealous, but that was only because their thighs look really soft.

whoawhoawhoaheythere. The logical part of his mind said. that's our buddy's sibling. they're off the menu.

Besides. Y/n was paying attention to Stretch. That was great. That was the only thing that mattered right now.

But y'know what? Red says no. That was his. Fucking. Sibling. They were his and Boss' alone.

So Red put on a show. It started with a whimper. Then twitching. Then the glow from his eye was what got Y/n's attention.

"Oh shit-! Goddammit, Red, oh-" Y/n half-yelled.

"Oh no, Stretch I'm sorry to cut this short, but we gotta get home- Red's getting a nightmare!" They said, grabbing their brother and smiling apologetically at their new friend.

"no worries. everyone gets nightmares sometimes." Stretch internally was half fanboy squealing over Y/n's motherliness, and half frowning in disappointment that Y/n was leaving.

Y/n made a mad dash back to their home, back to Red's bedroom, and gently set him on the bed.

"b-boss.." Red fake-whimpered. He knew he usually sleeptalked, asking for confirmation that his family was still well.

"Boss is fine and very concerned." Y/n whispered. "He cares deeply for you even if he doesn't show it."

"y-y/n.." he fake-cried. As much as he would never admit it out loud, he was enjoying you caring for him. You always did during his nightmares.

"Y/n is fine and loves you very much." They explained, gently stroking his skull.

Red quote-unquote "calmed down". He was pretty proud of himself, he got Y/n away from the shady sibling-snatcher!

Y/n was content. They had made two new friends, and having their brother calmed down with them made them happy.

AS YOU GIVE YOUR BROTHER THE ATTENTION, YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'RE MISSING A POINT. FRIENDSHIP WAS GOING TO BE ARDUOUS TO KEEP, AND YOUR BROTHERS STILL NEEDED YOUR AFFECTION. AS YOUR CONFLICTED FEELINGS FIGHT TO THE DEATH FOR DOMINANCE AND YOUR BROTHER SNORES SOFTLY, THE ONLY THING YOU TRULY FEEL IS
JUSTICE.