❤boss❣

[A song with a more peppy tune to help you relax! Here's some Edge fluff bc I'm AFAB and I'm on my period, so I'm in dire need of some cute stuff.]

[Second POV]

You and your Boss may not have seemed like it, but you were both serious nerds. So you and him made a trip to the comic book store every Saturday and Tuesday (because you two read the comics so quickly they barely lasted three days), e̶v̶e̶n̶ i̶f̶ B̶o̶s̶s̶ t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶t̶ y̶o̶u̶r̶ a̶t̶t̶e̶n̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ o̶n̶l̶y̶ b̶e̶ o̶n̶ h̶i̶m̶ a̶n̶d̶ R̶e̶d̶ f̶o̶r̶e̶v̶e̶r̶.

Today is a Saturday. Even your Boss seemed as giddy as he could expose (he was never good at expressing his emotions) as his stiletto heels 'click-clacked' against the pavement.

You were definitely better at expressing your happiness for the hope of new comics, as your steel-toed boots stomped across the sidewalk, at a faster pace than even Boss could hope to match, even with his long strides.

You hurried to the door as you heaved, putting all your body weight onto the outstandingly heavy door. As much as it was weighing you down, you politely held the door open for your adoptive brother, his mouth twisting upwards a little. He glanced your way and nodded. You smiled, your huge dumbass smile with your sharp teeth (if you know the anime BNHA, your teeth are like Kirishima's) was endearing, even if your Boss didn't show it.

As soon as Boss was out of harm's way, you immediately rushed to the superhero comics. You loved the Marvel comics. Your favorites were the Avengers. You didn't know anything else but Marvel, as you grew up with them, so your immediate reaction upon seeing one was a squeal of glee.

This didn't go unnoticed by your Boss. He smiled softly upon seeing you so happy. You were so independent back in the Underground, but now that you were on the surface, you were so clingy. It's rather cute, in his and Red's opinion.

You had selected some Captain America comics, mainly because you thought he was hot (not that you'd ever tell.). Boss knew this, but only because Red had told him. You were rather secretive with who you found attractive.

Nothing was funnier than the frustration in your eyes when you had discovered that you weren't allowed to read your comics and walk at the same time. It was just playful banter you and your Boss had every Comic Day

"NO, SIBLING, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO READ AND WALK. YOU'D TRIP." He scoffed. Your reply was the same every time.

"Hah?? What kinda bull is this??" You asked, feigning anger. You and Boss chuckled, even if yours was more of a wheeze.

AS YOU HEAD HOME WITH YOUR BOSS, PREPARING FOR RED ACTING LIKE A PUPPY, AND EXCHANGING PLAYFUL BANTER ABOUT WHICH COMICS ARE BETTER, YOU CAN'T HELP BUT FEEL THE SAME SENSE OF UNDERLYING SINISTERISM LIKE YOU HAD FELT FROM CLASSIC. AS YOU INSULT YOUR BOSS' FAVORITE COMIC, YOU CAN'T HELP BUT GET FROM THIS A BIZARRE FEELING OF
JUSTICE.