Hiki i ke kanaka make ke lilo i mea pepehi kanaka ... a i ʻole make ʻo ia iki?

At the headquarters, the team goes through the previous information. "Well, if Max is right and it's the butcher, we have to assume that maybe he is still alive and living here on the island." says Kono, but doubts herself about her words. "We can definitely rule out a zombie." says Danny, making the others grin. "Seriously now. How can a dead man come to Hawaii and kill someone? I don't believe that the prison made a mistake and wrongly classified him as dead." thinks Steve. "The prison didn't make a mistake either." says Catherine and joins the others at the computer desk. "I just called there and they confirmed that the butcher died of cancer a year ago." She pulls up a file on her tablet and sends it to the big screen for everyone to see. "Marco Gertz, 45 years old. Died of cancer."

"And what if this man wasn't the butcher at all? He was just mistakenly mistaken for it and convicted?" Kono thinks and looks at Catherine. She takes a closer look at the details of the file. "Take a look at this here." she says and points to the screen. "He denied being the butcher until his death." Chin reads the police report. "Apparently he could only be charged with one murder case. There was no connection with any of the others." "And yet he was sentenced as the butcher? Unbelievable!" says Steve shaking his head. "The cops who handled the case were probably under enormous pressure. The people and the press probably wanted a quick answer, someone guilty." says Danny with a shrug. "And this man was unlucky enough to end up as a suspect in one of the murder cases ..." "... And was ultimately responsible for all murders." sighs Kono.

"So we now assume that the wrong one was arrested and the real butcher is still on the way and most likely here on the island?" Catherine summarizes everything. Unanimous nod. "Boss, what should we do?" Kono asks Steve directly. She's the only one that calls Steve "Boss". Steve thinks for a moment and finally says: "Chin and Kono, you are looking at the old butcher's cases again. Maybe there was another suspect. Catherine, you are short-circuiting yourself with the HPD. If there were any similar cases here on the island etc. Oh, and ask the witness, this courier driver. Maybe he saw something. Danny, we'll go to Max and see if he's already found out anything about our victim. " Everyone goes to work.