ke kahua kalaima

Many people have already gathered at the crime scene. Interestingly, there are also a lot of journalists and reporters standing around. But colleagues from the HPD ensure that they do not come too close to the crime scene. Steve and Catherine show the HPD officers their badges and go to the others. "Aloha! What is this then?" shouts Steve to Danny, Chin and Kono. After a brief greeting, Chin, who was the first to arrive at the crime scene, explains what it is about. Apparently a battered body was found by a courier driver. Unfortunately, no personal information was found and the victim's face was so destroyed that face recognition is impossible. "What about fingerprints?" asks Catherine, but Kono just shakes her head. "The victim's fingers were cut off, so this possibility of identification is unfortunately also not available." Unfortunately, we haven't even been able to find out what gender the victim is." Danny now speaks up. "I'd rather not do that," Chin says when Steve kneels down to take a look under the tarpaulin that covers the victim. But Steve is not deterred and takes a look under the tarpaulin. When he gets up again, he just shakes his head as if trying to get rid of something terrible. Chin shrugs his shoulders "I warned you". It takes Steve a few seconds to speak. "Could Max already say something about the cause of death?" "Unfortunately he hasn't been here yet." Danny just says. "There he comes!" says Catherine and points in the direction of the police tape. And indeed, at that moment, the pathologist Dr. Max Bergmann climbs under the barrier tape and quickly turns to the victim. "I'm sorry for the delay, Commander, but the traffic is terrible this morning and these reporters are barely letting anyone through." says the pathologist apologetically to Steve. "No problem!" Steve just says.

"So what do we have here?" says Max and kneels down and looks under the tarpaulin. "Well, Max ... Our problem so far is that we don't know whether it's a woman or a man and ..." Danny says, but is immediately interrupted by Max. "I can solve the problem. This is a man who was tortured in the most terrible way and was finally made unrecognizable. I cannot yet say the exact cause of death, but ..." Max stands up and looks into the tense faces of the Five-O team. "What I can say is that this type of torture, making unrecognizable and also the location of the corpse seem very familiar to me." He looks up and asks: "Have you ever heard of the Pennsylvania Butcher?"Everyone shakes their head. Max begins to explain: "The butcher of Pennsylvania was a gruesome serial killer who apparently arbitrarily kidnapped men and women and cruelly tortured them. Several days before he killed them and defaced them. Many of his victims could never be identified ."There is silence for a short moment, but then Danny says thoughtfully: "Max, you just said " was ". Does that mean that he was caught or is dead?" Max nods. "Both, to be more precise. The butcher was caught 5 years ago and died about a year ago in the high-security section of the Pennsylvania State Prison.""Then how can he kill someone here?" asks Kono and looks around confused.