e hana ana

Danny and Steve drive to the pathology department in Danny's car. As always, Steve drives Danny's Camaro, which makes Danny upset. As always! Steve sighs softly as they wait at a red light. "What's happening?" asks Danny and looks at Steve. He just focuses on the traffic after the traffic light has changed to green. Danny is still looking at Steve. Finally Steve answers. "Today I actually just wanted to spend a quiet, lazy day with Catherine. Just the two of us !! No corpse, no cops, no stress! But no, today of course, a corpse has to show up again." He sounds a little pissed off, but also disappointed. "If it calms you down, I had other plans for today too. The summer vacation will be over in three days and Grace will be at school most of the time. We had a lot to do today, but this case ...". Danny just says. "I'm sorry," says Steve and turns into the street where the pathology is located. Danny nods. "It's okay. It's not your fault. For once!"Grinning, Steve parks the Camaro. At least both of them are in a good mood again! A few minutes later both of them are standing in front of the corpse in the pathology department while Max tells them everything he has found out.

Meanwhile, Kono and Chin are going through the old cases. Unfortunately not very successful. Frustrated, Kono falls into the soft office chair. "Nothing, absolutely nothing! No wonder they arrested the first suspect back then. "Chin nods in agreement. "These are really tricky, complicated cases. No witnesses, no suspects, no DNA traces. In some cases, the identity of the victims is still unknown today. Only this case was solved as the only one."He holds up a file. "Yes, the murder of Mary Malou."says Kono wearily. "Exactly, and through this murder the cops found Marco Gertz, whom we know as the butcher. This case was different from the others. And yet it was taken for identifying Gertz as the butcher."Chin shakes his head. "They were pretty sloppy here. Just from the records here I don't see any connection to the murder of the butcher." "They just wanted to get rid of the case quickly." says Kono, getting up a little from the chair. "Maybe Gertz committed this murder, but none of the others . That means ..." "...the real butcher is still out there. He kept quiet for years, but couldn't keep his criminal energy a secret any longer." Chin completes the sentence.

Meanwhile, Steve and Danny have left pathology again, their heads full of answers and new questions. Now they are going back to headquarters. They are on the main street and again in a lively discussion about something actually harmless when Steve's cell phone rings. He takes the call over the hands-free system. It's Catherine.

"Hey Cath, found something yet?"

"Yes. There have not been any such cases on the island before. But the HPD recently received a message from a supermarket in which a customer bought lots of "strange" things and also behaved very strangely. The supermarket manager wanted to report it to be on the safe side if something happens. According to Charlie from the Forensic labor, the parts bought match the victim's wounds. They appear to have been used for torture. In one wound, Charlie was able to find traces of one of the parts. So if we can find the right part, we'll have the killer. "

"What kind of parts were bought?"

"According to the list from HPD, loads of adhesive tape, screws and nails, various tools such as saws, pliers, etc. In addition, bleach, several tarpaulins and rubber gloves."

Steve looks at Danny. He whistles softly through his teeth.

"THAT really is an weird shopping list."