Chapter 26 - Siblings

Mixed POV

"How are you the Arrow? Why didn't you tell me? What the hell happened to you?" Thea asked with tears in her eyes. She could not believe that Oliver was the Arrow and that he had been able to, and had wanted to, keep it a secret from her. She was hurt that he didn't trust her.

Oliver slowly stood and walked to where Thea stood in the doorway. He gently placed a hand on her shoulder and gave her a small reassuring smile.

"Thea, I know you have a lot of questions right now and I promise I will answer some of them, but not right now. Yes, I am the Arrow. I didn't tell you because being close to me can cause people to get hurt. Just look at Mom, Walter, and the Lance's. They all didn't know who I was until this incident and the fact that they are close to me is the main reason that they were taken. I'll explain later, but for right this minute I need to let Sara finish her work or she's going to get irritated okay." Oliver gave Thea the brief explanation. He couldn't help the small laugh that came at the last words. He knew that Sara wouldn't say anything, but he was just trying to lighten the tension in the room.

"What happened?" Thea asked with concern as Oliver turned to go back to his chair.

"Malcolm Merlyn was extremely upset about the fact that his Undertaking did not go as planned. He blamed each one of us for having a part in that and he wanted to punish us for it." Felicity briefly explained as she brought Thea over to sit down and talk while Sara finished taking care of Oliver. She knew the young woman would need some explanation as to what happened and she decided to help out with that so that not all of it would be left to Oliver, especially since he was still in so much pain. Not that he's going to admit it.

"Did he really whip you Oliver?" Thea asked with genuine concern and disbelief that anyone would actually do that to another person.

"Yes Speedy. Malcolm was mad at me more than anyone and wanted me to feel the most amount of pain out of anyone there." Oliver replied honestly. He knew that he would not be able to keep secrets from Thea as he had in the past and he decided that this was the time to start with that honesty, no matter how hard it was.

"How many times did he whip you?" Thea asked, a bit more calmly since Oliver was finally talking to her and Felicity was sitting next to her in support as well.

"Several. He had a lot of anger that he had to get out Thea." Oliver replied. He was trying not to worry her further, but was unable to keep the seriousness from his voice. Even he was still working through dealing with what had happened. "But you don't have to worry. Sara knows what she's doing and has stitched up the places that needed it and has bandaged me up just fine. I actually kind of feel a bit like a mummy." He finished with a smile, trying to get Thea to realize that he really was okay now.

"What else did he do to you? Did he cut you? Are those burns?" Thea asked as she had noticed that there were bandages on his chest as well. "What happened to your side?"

"Yes, he gave me a few cuts and yes, they are burns. As for my side, he decided that he wanted to shoot me." Oliver said, again being completely honest with his sister. "Felicity was able to take care of my side and the burns right after they happened so you don't have to worry about that." He explained, looking to Felicity with a look of sincere gratitude. Thea didn't miss the love in his eyes either. Does Ollie love Felicity?

"What happened to your shoulder?" Thea asked pointing to the bandage on his right shoulder.

"The same thing that happened to Felicity's. Malcolm was the Dark Archer that plagued the City a while back. He chose to use an arrow on the Arrow." Oliver stated with a bit of a chuckle. "Kind of ironic isn't it?"