Chapter 21 - Aspirins

Mixed POV

Moira watched in horror as Oliver's heart stopped beating. His Team rushed around, grabbing the crash cart that was sitting nearby and proceeded to try to shock Oliver's heart, trying to get it beating again. It took three attempts before she heard the beep on the monitor again. She let go of the breath that she didn't realize she was holding. I wonder how many times they have had to do that. It seemed like they knew exactly what they were doing.

Felicity could not keep in the cry of relief as Oliver's heart started beating again. "You have got to stop doing this to us Oliver." She said quietly to the sleeping man as she sat down in her chair again. Her shoulder was hurting more and more the longer she sat here.

Diggle could see that Felicity was in quite a lot of pain from her shoulder. The punch to Laurel hadn't helped either. He walked over to where the medicine was kept and, having selected something, he carried a small bottle over to Felicity. He handed her a couple of pills and a bottle of water.

"Aspirins." Diggle replied when he saw the look of confusion on her face. "For the shoulder until we can take care of it for you." Felicity smiled at him as she took the pills that he handed her with a small nod of thanks.

Diggle turned back to Sara and Oliver just as she was finishing up with the wrist that had not already been bandaged.

"What all are his injuries John?" Sara asked knowing that Diggle was the best man to give her the list of everything that could be wrong with Oliver. 

"Well other than the back he has burns on his torso and back from a generator, his left shoulder has been dislocated twice but don't worry about that I've taken care of it, he has several cracked or broken ribs, he took an arrow to his right shoulder, a bullet in his side, as well as some cuts across his chest and torso, not to mention the doses of Vertigo and curare." Diggle listed. His friend and partner had been through a lot the last couple of days.

"Wow, okay. Roy, please grab the herbs from the chest and mix up a pretty good batch of tea for him, once he wakes up he's going to have a killer headache. John you take care of the bullet wound and the shoulder and I'll take the cuts. Once that is done I'll help you tape up the ribs." Sara gave out the commands quickly before turning to get back to work. The Team didn't question anything as they all turned to do their own jobs.

"Roy, go ahead and make two extra cups of tea while you're at it." Diggle told the younger man, knowing that both he and Moira could do with a cup each to help get rid of any lasting effects of the drugs. He then turned back to Oliver and started to redo the stitches in his side from the bullet wound that had come out from him hanging from the chains as well as from the fight. He was impressed with how well Felicity had done the first time. He then moved to Oliver's shoulder where he cleaned and stitched up that wound as well while Sara took care of the cuts on Oliver's chest. 

Lance looked on as Sara and Diggle worked on Oliver. It seemed like they had done this several times before and again he was in awe of the Team. Words could not describe right now the intense pride he had for his daughter and what she had become. Sure, she was different than when she left but she was better for it. Lance was happy that she had found a home, a family, here with Oliver and his Team.

Roy came back over to the medical area with two steaming cups of tea. "Who gets the extras?" He asked Diggle.

"Mrs. Queen needs one and I get the other. They will help with any lasting effects that you have from the Vertigo." Diggle finished as he turned to Moira, explaining what it was for.

"What is this?" Moira asked as she smelled the tea, it smelled awful.

"It's some herbs Oliver brought from the Island. It helps with anything." Diggle responded as he helped Sara sit Oliver up enough to wrap his ribs. As soon as they were finished they laid him back down carefully before turning to the rest of the group.