Chapter 13.

Lance had managed to get through his conversation with Matt. He was surprised of course, but to Lance's relief, wasn't upset at all. And out of everything he could have been concerned about, he was worried about Lance. But he promised that he was going to stand up for him and make sure the other Paladins didn't bother him. Even if it meant them turning on him and their other teammates.

At the moment, Lance was going to see Keith and Pidge. He wasn't sure if they knew he was alive or not, but he was still going to see them. He only figured it was the right thing to do, considering that they named their son after him.

When he reached the doorway, Pidge was laying in a hospital bed holding a bundle with Keith sitting next to her.

Lance then realized that he had no clue how to go about doing this. So he awkwardly stood there for a moment, until Colleen noticed him.

Colleen: Oh, hello. Are you one of Katie's friends?

Lance nodded, the couple turned their attention to Lance, gasping when they saw him.

Pidge: Wha—you're alive?!

Lance nodded sheepishly.

Lance: Y—Yeah...

Keith stood up and gave Lance a tight hug, before pulling Lance into the room.

Pidge: Hey, get in here! How are we supposed to catch up with you if you're so far away?

Lance laughed.

He wound up getting a punch in the shoulder from Pidge. Followed by a hug.

Pidge: Don't you dare fool us into thinking you're dead ever again! Otherwise I will actually kill you! Got it?!

Lance nodded, glancing down at Charlie.

Lance: Yeah, I got it... Are you okay? I heard what happened.

Pidge suddenly smiled again and nodded. Her previous remark was more of a joke, anyway.

Pidge: Yeah, I'll walk it off. We dealt with some stuff earlier, but it turned out okay.

Lance smiles back softly.

Lance: That's good, I kinda dealt with some stuff while we were separated.

Keith shrugged.

Keith: Well, you got captured by Sendak, we weren't really expecting you to have a grand time. How bad was it, anyway?

Lance shrugged.

Lance: Eh, I didn't even wake up in the ship after I passed out. I got rescued while I was unconscious. When I woke up, I was with a group that Matt is in right now and I joined soon after. Oh, and there's a sixth lion, by the way.

Both Paladins blinked in surprise.

Pidge: Huh, I guess it wasn't necessary for formation if it was forgotten...

Lance nodded.

Lance: Well, yeah. She's mainly supposed to serve as an extra protective layer for the rest of Voltron. A suit of armor for the robot, if you will... Not really necessary, but super helpful. But because of her needing to be spread out in formation to work properly, she needed three pilots, but we got that covered, luckily.

Lance laughed.

Lance: I mean, according to Matt, she wasn't even finished being built when they found her. So they finished building while going around helping planets. You should ask them for some stories, I found them pretty funny. For the most part anyway.

Lance glanced toward the ground.

Lance: Yeah, you'll actually be able to take your time with that as well. By the looks of things, we're going to need to have a conversation with the rest of the team about combining the groups so all six lions are together. So we'll be one massive team, probably.

Keith tilted his head and looked at Lance worriedly.

Keith: You don't sound too happy about that. Is it because of Allura and Shiro? Do you think they'll still bother you?

Lance nodded. There wasn't a reason for him to hide why he was nervous. And Keith and Pidge didn't need to worry about the unknown after everything they went through. Not just with having Charlie, but with trying to find Lance and ultimately thinking he was dead. It was sort of self-explanatory, anyway.

Lance: Yeah, they really didn't like me before, so now that I'm dealing with something big right now... I feel like I'm in big trouble.

Pidge gave Lance a reassuring smile.

Pidge: Don't worry, we'll do our best to make sure they leave you alone. This time we aren't going to let them hear the end of it if they give you any of the feelings you had before because of them. What is the big thing anyway? Why would it get you in big trouble?

Lance looked down, nervously smiling and rubbing the back of his neck.

Lance: Well, it would be considered bad because it would serve as a pretty big setback. It would technically make me a major liability to the functionality of the team. They wouldn't want a pilot dealing with that I'm dealing with.

Keith: What is it though?

Lance looked at the ground nervously.

Lance: Uh, it actually might make you guys a bit mad actually. Mainly Pidge.

Pidge tilted her head.

Pidge: What? Why?

Lance glanced away.

Lance: Well... The deal is, I kinda got knocked up by your brother, sorry...

Both Pidge and Keith stared at Lance in shock. Even Colleen turned her head and gaped at him. Evidently she wasn't expecting to hear that Matt was a significant part of that whole issue. She didn't know he was even going out with somebody. Yet, there Lance was, saying they were going to have a kid.

Pidge: What—seriously...?

Lance avoided the stares as much as he could.

Lance: Yeah... Sorry...

Pidge gave him a look.

Pidge: Uh, don't apologize. Especially not for getting lucky with a partner. Do you know how much people liked and respected Matt, not to mention how many had crushes on him? You ended up with a good person.

Colleen smiled, speaking up playfully.

Colleen: Katie's right, you know! I was starting to wonder if there was something wrong. Since Matt never went out with anybody or even mentioned a crush, I guess he wasn't interested when he was in school.

Lance shrugged.

Lance: That doesn't sound inaccurate. Do, you guys want me to talk to Mr Holt alone? Or with Matt?

Pidge spoke quickly.

Pidge: Go with Matt, definitely. Knowing how dad could react, you'll both need to be there to explain the situation. Trust me, I know from experience.

Lance laughed. Following his friend's advice.

Needless to say, he and Matt has a tough time explaining the situation to Sam.