#TAPA2020

1)who's your favorite poet?
My favorite poet is LinxXx.

2) What is your favorite poem?
My favorite poem is Bane by LinxXx.

3)Write down that favorite poem?
Like Naira's symbol.... I've been double-crossed
Man Hunter escorts me back to the dust
A raging beast who trashed Love and defied trust
Ruthlessly stabbed empathy & Fuelled agony without remorse!
~
Even the storms in her teacup Wreck boats!
All Lovers are fools...  yet a fool failed to take note
And this foolishness transcends to scapegoat.
Now I'm led to doom without dropping a Death note.
~
Thought the fellow was my rainbow
Thought she was Juliet and I Romeo
Silly me already engraved in her death row
Battling with reality... Pandemonium engulfs my soul
Savage drums roaring... And the sound of death echoes!
~
My immortal weeps!
Could this be my last Regret?
God! Is this really my kismet?
Will this be the last sight of my beautiful earth?
Who shall mourn the exit of a deaf mate?

4)Short summary of what you understood from the poem?
From the poem above, the writer expresses his pain and agony when he realizes that his partner is not exactly who he thought she was. He fell in love with her and despite the fact that he was warned that she had some trick up her sleeves, he continued his relationship with her any way and shunned those who ever told him otherwise about his lover. This is made evident in a part of his last line were he says "deaf mate". Deaf utterly meaning he was warned but didn't heed.
His lover is a player, one who wrecks hearts without remorse or a second glance. One who only reflects it for the moment she benefits from . This is evident in his second line of the first stanza where he says, " man hunter escorts me back to the dust." People don't hunt without a certain amount of gain and fun.
The savage drums beating could mean his heart beating because he knows she's about to break up with him and he already put in too much of himself into the relationship.
"Will this be the last sight of my beautiful earth" meaning that his perception of certain things will be tarnished once the deed is done. Things will never remain the same and a world of fantasy he created in his mind around her will become utterly destroyed. One cannot perceive or enjoy beauty when in pain.

5)What inspired you to start writing?
Writing felt more like a calling for me. Once I was taught literature in English in secondary and read a few poems from the text books, I just felt within myself that I should be doing this. So I started writing(poetry) from the age of ten, and it turns out that writing is one of the ways I let go of steam, think and get things organized in my head. I'm literally obsessed with rhyming schemes, and I write best when I'm in the worst of moods. I admire the fact that people can actually put a lot of meaning and emotions into words and have them organized and rhymed up. A poem as short as four lines can hold so much emotion, I loved that. I wanted to do that. And being someone who has always had a knack for books and the rest, I found it easy to delve into poetry. Poetry has now become a huge part of me that I will never part from.