1. tulsa's new addition

FRIDAY, AUGUST 6, 1983, 5:43 p.m.
as you know, my name is (y/l/n) and i'm new to the small town of tulsa, oklahoma. i recently moved here with my mother (shannon) and my sister (caroline) who is 17. my father passed of prostate cancer a few years back. we've gotten over it by now though.

as we were unpacking the last of our boxes, i hollered out to my mom, "mom, i'm going to walk around for a bit to check out the town!" but before she could respond, i had already dashed out the back door full of curiosity of what this new town could unfold for me.

as i was walking the lonesome streets, i spotted a quiet looking park with a beautiful fountain and some monkey bars a few feet away from it. it was currently around 6:30 p.m., which meant the sun was going to be setting soon. we didn't have any plans for the night, except for ordering pizza, so i decided to sit and watch the sunset. after about ten minutes or so, i heard gentle footsteps approaching me, so i quickly turned around and saw a young boy, about my age, coming towards me. "sorry, i didn't mean to startle you," said the young boy, "my names ponyboy curtis, you new around here?" as i took a deep breath in, taking my gaze off his beautiful, green-grey eyes that shined from the sunset, i replied, "yea, i just moved here with my mom and my sister from georgia." he was tall, with broad shoulders, and he had gorgeous long, silky, dark brown hair. i could tell he used a lot of hair grease, which i didn't mind because it matched him pretty well. "oh that's interesting, ya dig sunsets?" he questioned. "yeah! i used to watch them with my dad after dinner a lot." my heart sank after i had processed what i just said. i looked back up at ponyboy to take my mind off of my father. "my father passed back a few years ago from prostate cancer.." i said. "oh. i'm sorry to hear about that. my parents passed in a auto-wreck about eight months ago." he slowly started to sit down by me. "oh. i'm sorry for your loss." i said as i looked down and started to pick at the grass below me. "i have two older brothers, sodapop who's seventeen, and darry who's twenty," he told me. "oh that's cool. i also have a sister who's seventeen!" ponyboy smiled at me. "if you're not busy or anything, i could take you to go see my gang and introduce you to them. i'm sure they'd love you!" i furrowed my eyebrows at this. "well- not a gang. we're more like a big family." i was relieved at his comment. "ahh that makes more sense. i wouldn't have thought anyone as sweet as you would be in a gang!" ponyboy slightly blushed. "i'll have to ask my mom first. she must be wondering where in the world i am right now. i'll meet you back here in 15 minutes, stay here," i said. "i ain't going no where," ponyboy replied. i slightly giggled at that, then started off back to my house.

A/N: hi guys!! i'm done with part one and i just wanted to say thank you if you've made it this far :)) it means a lot. i'll be making a part two where she meets the greasers tomorrow! get ready.