Chapter 34: Sirius

C H A P T E R  3 4

S I R I U S

"I know we weren't perfect but I've never felt this way about no one. And I just can't imagine how you could be so okay now that I'm gone"
-driver's license

• • • • • •

Nobody saw Ron the entire night. In fact he didn't turn up until it was time for owls the next morning. Liv could tell he didn't get a wink of sleep. His hair was disheveled, his eyes didn't shine as bright.

Liv made eye contact with him and she could see the guilt eating him alive. He looked away slowly as if he had to tear his eyes from her.

He had been angry before, a lot actually. This time was different. He was so incredibly anger but at himself. He hated himself for what he did to her.

Liv sat down in her assigned seat 2 seats behind Harry, Ron one row over next to him and Hermione in front.

The test appeared in front of them as umbridge barked out rules and instructions. They all started their test, the only noise being the clock ticking. The sound seemed to echo through Liv's head.

She couldn't concentrate no matter what. Time seemed to slip through her fingers. Her heart was pounding and she didn't know why.

She glanced around the room to see Harry struggling just about as much as she was. Ron seemed to be zoned out staring at the wall and Hermione was actively writing on the paper with a determined look on his face.

A weird rumbling came from the double doors. Umbridge spun around and started to walk towards it while all the students look up from their test and exchange glances.

Suddenly the doors spring open and large fireworks explodes and the twins come rushing in on brooms. The room errupts in a fit of lights and explosions.

All the students follow the show outside behind the twins. They all gather around as the twins announce their departure from the school causing Liv's heart to hurt a little. She was going to miss them.

As the air filled with different animated characters due to the twins she gets dizzy. She could hear her heartbeat in her ears and the people around her started to spin.

"Harry!" Hermione's voice yelled and she glanced over just in time to see him fall before she fell over herself. Ron who was kneeled next to Harry heard Ginny and Neville shout the girl he couldn't stop thinking about name.