Chapter 24: Jealousy

C H A P T E R  2 4

J E A L O U S Y

"Here I was thinking magic didn't exist, and now that's all I see when I look at you"
-A.R Asher

• • • • • •

"It's so unfair!" Ron paces back and forth in front of his and Liv's tree. She sits down watching as listening as he rants.

Gryffindor had won another game and Ron had done pretty good but everyone ignored him. Besides Liv who doesn't think she could ever ignore him. Instead she sat letting him rant.

"Even the twins and Ginny, my own family." He's says to Liv leaving many footprints in the snow where he paces.

Christmas is only a few days away meaning the weather is very harsh. They left the school the next day for break but a storm was rolling in that night. Liv ignored the freezing feeling in her fingers knowing Ron needed to rant.

"It's like they don't even notice me, I'm just the annoying extra Weasley everyone tolerates" Ron continues to rant.

"Hey" Liv interrupts him. He stops and turns to look at her. "You know that's not true, you are just as important as everyone else, you're sweet, you're caring, and even though you don't think you are, you're smart too"

Liv hates how he constantly tears himself down. He compares himself to everyone. His whole life's he's been over shined by his siblings or when he got to Hogwarts Harry and Hermione. He's never had anyone show him he matters.

Until Liv came along.

She saw him for him. She saw the awkward, goofy, sarcastic, caring boy that not many other people saw. She saw the real him and he knew that. He felt a sense of comfort in Liv. That was why she was the first person he went to when he needed to rant.

"That doesn't matter, I'll never be great at school or a great quidditch player" Ron grumbled feeling his heart skip a beat at her compliments.

"You're insane if you think all that stuff doesn't matter." Liv huffs standing up in front of him. "Because in the end no ones going to care if you got good grades in school or how many points you got in quidditch"

Liv paused meeting Ron's crystal blue eyes that twinkled. She saw the pain and hurt in them. She saw a boy who just wanted his parents approval but they were too busy.

Liv absolutely adored Molly and Author but she knew they often overlooked Ron. It was by no means their fault, they were busy people but it didn't make the sting in Ron's heart any less.