Prologue

P R O L O G U E

P R O L O G U E : H O M E

"I'm feeling as deep as the ocean and as lonely as the moon" -unknown

• • • • • •

A cold chill ran down Olivia Malfoy's spine as she cuddles closer to her blankets on her small mattress that laid on the floor of the Malfoy Manor basement. As sleep started to overtake her body again a small drop of water hit her forehead.

She sleepily wiped it off with a small groan before relaxing into her sheets again. As her worries started to drift away and the feeling of sleep started to seep into her body she felt two more drops of water.

Olivias eyes sprang open and she set up with a sigh. She angled her head to face the celling where she spotted the old rusty pipe with water slowly dripping from it. She looked around trying to figure out what time it was but was nearly impossible seeing as her basement had no windows.

Her basement was a decent size room with wooden floors and square pillars in the middle of it. The room was full of boxes of books including Draco, her brothers old school books.

The times she was locked in her basement(which was the majority of the time) she was would teach herself almost everything there was to know about anything magical.

She memorized hundreds of different spells and charms, taught herself potion recipes and knows everything there is to know about magical creatures. She wanted more than anything to attend Hogwarts with her brother or to have her own wand.

She knew she was a witch, she figured out at a young age she had powers. Every time she would mention even leaving the grounds of Malfoy manor her father would get incredibly angry so the idea of going to Hogwarts was out of the picture.

Olivia never considered the people that adopted her parents. Parents don't neglect and abuse their kids. Parents don't treat their children like a slave. She always wondered why they adopted her when they treat her like the scum of the earth.

Her childhood years weren't spent happy and with family. She didn't get birthday parties of holidays with her family. Her and her brother didn't run around the yard playing while her mom watched.

Instead she was locked in the dingy, dark and cold basement. When she was permitted to leave her room it was to serve her father or brother.

Olivia was a spirited girl who's sassy remarks earned her a bruise more times than not. That didn't make her loose her spirit- quite opposite actually.