Chapter 11: New rules

C H A P T E R 11

N E W  R U L E S

N E W R U L E S

"We never had to force love. We were drowning in it the moment we met"
-Perry's poetry

• • • • • •

Olivia stared up as Filch hung another rule onto the wall outside the great hall. Umbridge had been adding them since the beginning of the term. Every time a student did something she didn't like she added another rule.

It's safe to say half of the rules on the wall were due to the twins.

Filch struggled on his creaky ladder as he put a nail into the wall. Students gathered around to see what this one was. Umbridge had a triumphant smile on her face watching the scene.

"Hey" Harry said causing Liv to jump. She spun around to see Hermione, Harry and Ron standing behind her. They all looked up at filch as he finished hanging the frame.

"Another one?" Ron groaned looking at Umbridge with eyes full of hate. Liv looked at her almost the same way. She only hated 1 person and that was Lucius Malfoy, umbridge was a close second to her.

"What's it say?" Hermione asks squinting as Filch moved out of the way. Liv took a small step forward, the three gathering around her and began to read the frame.

"All students are banned from any school professor/ workers office. If caught doing any pranks or other activity's in the office the student will face serious reprimand" Liv reads to them. When she's done she takes another look at umbridge and noticed her green outfit.

"That was you wasn't it?" Harry asked as they started to walk away.

"Yep" Liv smiles triumphantly.

• • •

After breakfast the 4 headed to potions class. Potions was Liv's second favorite class. Although she didn't like Snape she loved making potions. She excelled in that subject.

Snape treated her different from most of the students. He wouldn't look at her and when he did he seemed to get lost in thought. They all found it incredibly weird but Liv brushed it off.

Ron and her bickered the entire way to class about how much wolfsbane to add into the potion they were doing in class later. Liv was correct according to Hermione spiking up an entire new argument.

"You're just mad because you were wrong" Liv says as they walk into class.

"No, I'm mad because you think you know everything" Ron snapped back as they sat down.