𝐱𝐱. ULTRAVIOLENCE

▬▬▬▬ CHAPTER TWENTY ▬▬▬▬

:)

MOODY WAS RUSHING DOWN THE halls of the castle as fast as he could. His wooden leg made loud clunking noises with every step he made, but it wasn't like anyone would be able to hear them. Everyone was still waiting for the Third Task to finish—those stupid fools.

But no matter. He had accomplished what he had been sent here for. The Beauxbatons and Durmstrang students had already been disqualified from the maze and he doubted the Hufflepuff boy had won, so it would only make sense that Harry Potter had fallen for his trap.

He was probably at the graveyard already, his blood used to bring Lord Voldemort back, and ultimately killed once his usefulness was done with. And good riddance to that because he had gotten tired of teaching these fucking brats.

He hadn't killed Black though, but in his defense, it was an impossible task! The girl, no matter what plan he concocted, just wouldn't die! She was like a bloody cockroach...! He literally had to stop with his attempts in order to keep his sanity intact. Hopefully his Lord would be merciful should he find out...

Just as he was about to make a turn, a sudden pain struck him in the back of his left shoulder. A choked cry escaped his lips as he stumbled forward, crashing against the floor across from him. He slipped to his knees, feeling something wet running down his arm. Shaking, he forced himself to glance back.

There was a knife embedded into his flesh. But that wasn't all. It was glowing green. As if it was being held by an invisible hand, the blade dug deeper and twisted itself around. He let out a raspy shout as the burning pain intensified.

"Running back to your master?" Came a familiar voice.

He collapsed onto his bottom and pressed himself against the wall when he spotted her—Esmerelda Black. She stood at the other end of the hallway, her eyes glowing a vicious green, and her hands shaking with rage.

"You...!" He rasped. "You—! How—?!"

"You're not going anywhere," she growled, storming towards him and grabbing him by the scruff of his shirt. With a strength no normal teenage girl should have, she dragged his bleeding body into an unused room and threw him inside, slamming the door behind her.

His hand reached for his wand, but the glowing knife flew out of his shoulder and embedded itself into his palm. He sucked in a breath before letting out a shout.

A cold hand wrapped itself around his throat. "What have you done to them, Crouch?" Esmerelda demanded.

His real eye bulged when she called him by his real name. "How... ack...!"

She threw him onto his back before stomping over the knife, effectively pinning his dominant hand into the floorboards.

"I know it was you who put Harry's name in the Goblet, and I know you have something planned for the Third Task. Two boys have yet to come back from the maze—and unfortunately for you, I'm gonna be real pissed if anything happened to them. So spill it! Where are they and what have you done to them?!"