𝐱𝐯. LOVESICK FOOLS

▬▬▬▬ CHAPTER FIFTEEN ▬▬▬▬

This chapter is more exciting (for some readers) then intense, so congrats, you all have a break :)

MAYBE IT HADN'T BEEN A good idea to tell her dad of what transpired yesterday in the Underworld. Once she finished telling him about the events of the stolen sword and Persephone's failed attempts to get her into trouble, Regulus had been openly cursing the Queen of the Underworld.

"That vicious little bitch," he spat hatefully. "She's almost as bad as Hecate. First she tries to get you to do free labor, then she sends you on those pointlessly dangerous quests, and now this? That dreadful woman doesn't deserve the title as Queen!"

"Uh, dad, maybe you should lay low on the curses? I mean, we are in her domain, after all..." Esmerelda warned him timidly.

Regulus scoffed in reply before collapsing on his chair, arms crossed, and his face still set in a protective fury.

"She's trying to get you killed," he seethed.

She sighed, but didn't disagree. "I know... I just don't know why. My mom has a good relationship with all the deities in the Underworld, and I don't think I've ever personally insulted her before... Maybe she found out about how much I suck at herbology or something..."

He doubted that was it, but much to his annoyance, he couldn't think of anything else either. He hated not knowing things.

"But let's not talk about her right now!" Esmerelda beamed, and her perkiness was only another reminder of how different she was compared to everyone else in the Black family.

Esmerelda didn't look like a Black. Everyone in the wizarding world could tell who was apart of the Black family just by looking at them. All Blacks had sharp, regal features from the prominent jawlines to the cold, calculating eyes. They looked like royalty, like a family of powerful kings and queens.

His daughter did not look like a queen—she did not look like a Black. She had none of their features. She didn't have the prominent jawline or the cold eyes. Her features were softer and less angular. She was more of a delicate princess than a powerful queen like the other female members of the Black family.

And she most certainly did not behave like a Black should either. She was too loud, too excitable, too nice. Even worse was that she lacked any proper manners and she had zero understanding of how pureblood society worked.

A child like that would be a stain to the Black family. Hell, his mother would see her as a disappointment worse than Sirius, and that was saying something since according to her 'Sirius was the worst thing to ever happen to the Black family'.

But Regulus didn't see it that way. To him, she was the hope for the Black family. A second chance, a fresh face from all the dark history and wicked characters. Nothing good came from his family, until his daughter was born.