Tomorrow

clay pov//

He wakes up to his phone ringing. He stretches and yawns, debating answering it or just letting it turn off. What if it's George? He springs up and checks his phone immediately.

It's George.

He answers and says, "Hey Dream!"

"Hey George," Clay replies groggily.

"Oh no. Did I wake you up? I'm sorry!!"

Clay smiles. God. Suppress it. It's tomorrow, for fuck's sake. "Don't worry, George. I was about to wake up anyways." Lie.

"Oh okay."

"Wha- um, what did you call for?"

"I was just excited. I finally get to see you tomorrow!! I had to call someone."

Clays stomach drops. "You've never seen my face before. Aren't you nervous?" What if I'm ugly? he doesn't add.

"No, of course not. I'm just excited. Why would I be nervous?" What if I'm not the perfect image you thought I was?

"Oh, I don't know. Um... how was your sleep?" he asks sweetly, trying to play it off.

"Hard. I could barely sleep but I got some hours in. I was too excited. How about you?"

"Actually pretty well? I did a lot of working and cleaning yesterday and was up for a while, so I was tired."

"Oh. Well at least you slept. I can't imagine how miserable tonight's gonna be, with it being tomorrow. I have to wake up early, too. Maybe I'll pull an all nighter. Would you stay up with me?"

"Maybe. I don't know. If I do that I'd have to take a nap."

"So will I, I will on the plan. Whatever you want."

"Okay. I'll think about it."

"Alright, cool. Should I hang up and let you eat breakfast?"

"No, facetime me. I'll make it with you."

Clay can hear George's smile. "Alright. One sec."

George and Clay make random conversation over breakfast and then Clay eats. Nothing really happened, even though Clay secretly wished something did. Everyday he kicks himself for not saying the things he really wants to say, but he know he shouldn't anyways. So much lays on his tongue, all the time. Just waiting to fall out. But he holds himself back, for the sake of their friendship. Not just him and George's, but their trio. Poor Sapnap, the last thing Clay would want was for Sapnap to feel like he was in the middle of all of it.

Clay can't stop smiling after George hangs up to add finishing touches to his packing. He enjoys George's presence so much, it makes him so happy to even just talk to him. Just being next to him could make Clay's day. And now that he will finally be here, like actually psychically here, tomorrow-

Wait. It's tomorrow.

It rushes over Clay once again, hitting him like a brand new tsunami. He starts to shake a little.

(a/n no tw btw, he is just nervous)

He fidgets with his leftover food and suddenly doesn't feel hungry anymore. He stands up and puts away his food, scrubbing his dish away, cleaning the plate off. He puts it in the dishwasher, stands up, and sighs.

What was he going to do?

He looked around his house. It was clean, maybe the cleanest it had ever been. He wanted them to think he was a tidy person. He wanted to be a good host, just for his friends.